1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured ...but what of His Holiness?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Feb 20, 2012.

1. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

One word in bold below would make your statement more precise in my opinion, which I think is exemplified by the whole of Scripture.

Nothing exists outside of God's knowledge or ultimate control......or God is not God. not one molecule exists or moves unless God has ordained it to be so.

True. Every effect has a cause whether seen or not. So what caused the effect of sin in Satan and Adam? Where did it originate?

#101 jonathan.borland, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: I have been answering that question.

So again, I start with Christ's universal principle concerning the integrity of a man. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit.

Adam was created good.
    A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit.
    Adam sinned.

One conclusion: Adam was corrupted.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So Adam wasn't created good. Except that the bible says he was.

4. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Corrupted by what/whom? Have you ever answered this? It's been asked several times in this thread?

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Corrupted by what isn't the point. The point is that corruption preceded sin.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was created good. He was not created incorruptible.

7. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

He can't answer this question. If he does it destroys his view. If he answers "God" then he clearly contradicts scriptures teaching regarding God's holiness. And if he answers "man" then he has to admit that man has the ability to originate evil intent making his view of deterministic sovereignty crumble into non-sense. He will keep dodging this question regardless of how many times you ask it.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I agree, but what is the cause of his corruption? You said he was corrupted before he sinned. How is this possible? How can a person who is created good be corrupt before he sins?

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Contrary to the cavils of Scandal, there is an answer. It's given in the form of a straightforward maxim in one of Paul's letters, and the narrative thereof is in Genesis.

But who or what corrupted Adam is not the issue at present. The issue is the obstinate refusal on the part of some to submit to the universal principles laid down by Christ.

Can a good tree bring forth evil fruit? Scandal et al say yes. Christ says no.

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jonathan,

#110 Iconoclast, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm not trying to be difficult. I truly do not understand what you mean. I cannot wrap my head around it. You are going to have to help me out.

12. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Yeah, because we know you always stay right on topic. :rolleyes:

Just answer the question.

How do you know a false prophet from a real prophet (bad tree or good tree)? By their deeds/teachings (fruits). That it the question Jesus is answering when speaking of the parable of good/bad trees. I has nothing to do with Adam.

But even if it did you already admitted Adam was created good and become corrupted. Now you are being asked how? Who or what corrupted him?

John Piper says he can't answer this question and I doubt you can either. That is because the answer is "FREE WILL."

13. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

God HAD to allow for those two to commit sin, but He also would have already ordained the "final solution" to that problem that sin created, that was to be cured by the coming of the Messiah to die upon the Cross!
    That was not a reaction to their sin, but a response to it,as greater would be the sure then the disease!

problem with Skan and others holding to his reasonng is much, if not all what they hold to ONLY works IF we had same will as Adam had, but NONE of us do since the Fall!