1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Buy the Lie?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jack Matthews, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

So, a week before the election is anyone out there still buying the lies that the politicians are telling? That Republican candidates are "pro-life" and "pro-values" and that the Democrats are evil advocates of declaring the Ten Commandments unconstitutional, murdering babies and forcing everyone into same-sex marriage? Or the one that the Democrats are going to clean up the corrupt mess that Bush and his cronies have made out of congress and the White House and that they are going to make the economy help out everyone instead of just the 40% who are making more money now than they did when Bush took office, while 60% make less and pay more of the taxes?

Or are Christians finally going to stand up on their own, realize that the two party system is never going to advocate any of their values, and is only going to continue to make unkept promises to get your vote, and turn toward some candidates who, irregardless of their party affiliation, are actually going to do some good?

Betcha most Christians wimp out, and continue to sell their soul to the do-nothing, lying Republicans like they always do.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

We don't have a 2 party system. We have a 1 party system with 2 names.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you rather they "sell their souls" to the democrat party?:smilewinkgrin:

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

It's possible to vote for a democratic candidate without selling one's soul to that party. In fact, although I am hesitant to admit it, I have voted for republican candidates in the past,and (shudder) I might do so in the future.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen to that.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The important thing is to toss out the corrupt fools we have now, and do it again, before the new ones get too corrupt in turn.

The best you can hope for, is they go in with some morals and principles. The notion that they can do it for years on end is wishful thinking. The power corrupts them beyond redemption, after a while.

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I'll second that AMEN!

Both parties are lying and do-nothing. I don't think either party can take the moral high-ground.

AND I don't think we can criticize one without taking them both to task.

8. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Better that than a party full of criminals like Tom Delay, child molesters like Mark Foley and corrupt cover-up artists like Dennis Hastert. :smilewinkgrin:

Here in Tennessee, we've got Bob Corker running for the Senate on the values platform. Values? I wonder which values Corker represents? How to steal legally from taxpayers and make $11 million dollars while you are Mayor of Chattanooga?

The only values the Republicans represent are corporate value$.

#8 Jack Matthews, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2006
  9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is why I don't vote party lines, I research each candidate and vote for the one I like best.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be fooled. Democrats are tied in to corporate interests as well.

I hope you have at least one minor party or independent candidate to vote for in the U.S. Senate race in Tennessee. I would hate to be stuck with only Corker and Ford on the ballot. I would have to skip the race if that was the case.

11. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

O.K. The two party system is broken and needs to be fixed. How do we get our values on the table? I hear talk here all the time about the Constitution Party gaining strength, but it doesn't seem so. Checking the voting records from the last election, the Constitution Party didn't even get a fraction of a percentage of the vote here in Tennessee. Wasn't Michael Peroutka the candidate?

I've heard some incredible stuff on one of the Christian radio stations here in Nashville the past couple of weeks. It seems all you have to do is have an (R) by your name, claim to be promoting values, tell people that your opponent supports gay marriage and abortion even if he doesn't, and you're in.

I try to keep in mind that conservative Christians put Mark Foley in office. And they put Tom Delay in office. That helps keep the perspective.

But when are we really going to do something that gets results instead of lip service?

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By voting by what we want instead of only voting for someone because we think he can win or because he is not as awful as the other major party candidate whom we don't want to win.

13. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

When in doubt, vote against the incumbent.