1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BUY your way into Heaven! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

I've been curious too.

I hope they will consider putting why the ban is in place on folks' profile. Some forums do that. I think that would help folks to know when a line is being crossed.

I suggested that to a mod. Of course, they may have some good reasons for not doing it...who knows.

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I was totally shocked when I logged onto the board tonight to find this. WOW . . . that's really all I can say. I certainly don't understand it . . .

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Claudia was banned for a violation of a number of the rules of BB. It was an administrative decision of the council, and that is all that needs to be said.
    Please go back to the topic of the thread. I would not like to close this thread on account of it being derailed to being a "let's talk about Claudia thread."

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well this thread hasn't been active or on topic for awhile, but I would agree with Rbell that it would be nice to hear the "administration's" side of the story, because that's not what Claudia has said is the reason she was banned, so just for what that's worth . . .

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I know Scripture speaks of being " in danger of the judgment" and "in danger of the council" in Matt. 5:22. I was just not aware that verse of Scripture referred to the BB. :eek: :tongue3: :laugh: :laugh:

And I think the thread will die its own death now, without help, frankly, for I will not be posting again in it, and would not have anyway, save for the chance to get in a free chuckle.

Ed

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I believe DHK posted 'our' side of the story...

Very rarely have I seen anyone tell the 'real' reason they were banned. They try to make themselves look like a victim.

As DHK said, it's done and that's that. Let's move on...

7. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Well this thread hasn't been active or on topic for awhile, but I would agree with Rbell that it would be nice to hear the "administration's" side of the story, because that's not what Claudia has said is the reason she was banned, so just for what that's worth . . .by jump

I think we should let good enough alone. Personally I haven't read much on this board that Claudia said that was true, why would she tell the truth about that?

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I don't think she broke the rules is telling your side of the story. At least that wasn't my point. My point is that with vague answers like that only one side of the story is out there, and while I don't agree with Claudia theologically and I haven't read everyone of her posts the number of posts that I have read I haven't seen any rules violations and she has certainly been kind in the conversations that we have had.

Again you can take this comment for what its worth . . . When someone is banned and tell their side of the story in detail and the "other" side just says she broke the rules and then they quickly want to divert attention to something else that just seems a little odd to me. I'm not saying that its underhanded, because I don't know the whole story.

Now with that being said I don't know that one has to air all the laundry out in public, but if you have people that are curious a private conversation might be nice. Just for an example it would be nice if I personally knew what rules she broke and an example, because like I said the reasons she gave me were not violations of rules that I could tell.

If you can't say with 100% accuracy that people fib about why they are banned how am I to know that Claudia is trying to lead me astray. She has never given me a reason not to trust her. And as Shiloh has pointed out just because one doesn't agree with her theology doesn't mean she is a dishonest person.

Bottom line it is just very frustrating and disappointing that things like this have to be handled in a shroud of secrecy. I'm not trying to pry into anyones business I would just like to know the truth, and that doesn't look like it's going to happen :(

9. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

If you can't say with 100% accuracy that people fib about why they are banned how am I to know that Claudia is trying to lead me astray. She has never given me a reason not to trust her. And as Shiloh has pointed out just because one doesn't agree with her theology doesn't mean she is a dishonest person. by jump

Wait a second jump, I didn't say what you said I said:praying: You haven't read much of her many posting if you don't think she was trying to lead you astray. She was constantly pushing false doctrine. If you don't like the rules here do what they told me to do one time.......start your own board!

10. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Here is your quote Shiloh:

Okay call me crazy, but it seems you are equating her theology (which you don't agree with and think is untrue) to questioning her about telling the truth as to why she was banned. Maybe I miss read what you were trying to say, so if that is the case please clarify what you meant, but it seems pretty cut and dry to me?

Shiloh I was speaking to her leading me astray as far as why she was banned, not her theology. I don't agree with her theology, but that doesn't mean she isn't telling the truth in another conversation. My apology if I wasn't clear in what I was stating.

I agree, but my point is that doesn't have anything to do with the other topic.

Where did you get that I don't like the rules. I never said that. I'm just trying to get to the truth of the matter in this instance to understand what really happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.