1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BV/T or defamation of KJVO

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Don't treat me like a four-year old. There is not one verse that supports your allegations of KJVO. That is it though isn't it? Yall invent a label, that no one can argue against because the allegation is rooted in evil and false accustaion.

Then when some one points out an error in your beloved mv it is said that is demeaning to the Word of God and will not be allowed, but when the false allegations are made against the AV 1611 KJB that is allowed.

That seems to be the truth of this forum altogether, as long as we agree with Dr. Bob, then all is hunky-dory, but when we expose truth, we are warned and have false allegations made towards us in the process.

Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 22:21.

and,

Where? Chapter and verse please? I am looking for you to come up with just one verse that says the AV 1611 KJB is NOT the Word of God for the English speaking people. You'll deny the scripture we show backs up what we believe, now give us the same oportunity with your verse, or verses, to the contrary. You can't! There are NONE.

You have to resort to accusing some one of something they never did or intended, how childish! Then try to use your authority to threaten some one when your premise is put to the test. HYPOCRITICAL!

Oh, it's DEFAMATION of thosae labeled KJVO alright! You just PROVED IT!

2. Orvie

Orvie New Member

"Why study those languages?" Aren't you glad the Anglican translators did NOT follow your advice?"
    "Serpent Alert"? you have demonstrated once again your inability to think clearly. How many myriads of us have to point out to your highness that you're an arrogant pickle worshipper? [​IMG]

3. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

You can't prove a negative, so the burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders. There is no clear Scriptural support that says that the 1611 AV is the only inerrant, infallible English Scripture out there.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

You promote negative-isms as a general practice, the same burden is upon you as Dr. Bob to show one verse found ANYWHERE in ANY version between Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 22:21 that says the KJB is not.

5. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Pre-"Don't treat me like a four-year old."
    Orv-"then don't act like one."
    Pre-"There is not one verse that supports your allegations of KJVO. That is it though isn't it? Yall invent a label, that no one can argue against because the allegation is rooted in evil and false accustaion."
    Orv-"Here's a label for you: Nehushatan Pickled Version Sect, as you delve deeper and deeper into your paranoia which is rooted in the devil, but alas, your arrogance blinds you."

Pre-"Then when some one points out an error in your beloved mv it is said that is demeaning to the Word of God and will not be allowed, but when the false allegations are made against the AV 1611 KJB that is allowed."
    Orv-"MV proponents are consistent in that we realize that all translations are the work of man, even the KJV;kjb, only the Originals were inspired by God, or was God wrong? did He need the Anglican translators to clear everything up?"
    Pre-"That seems to be the truth of this forum altogether, as long as we agree with Dr. Bob, then all is hunky-dory, but when we expose truth, we are warned and have false allegations made towards us in the process."
    Orv-"You can't handle the real truth."
    ESV
    NIV
    NKJV
    NASV
    NLT
    ERV
    KJV;kjb1611
    and,

KJV;kjb1769
    Pre's brilliance shines forth-"Where? Chapter and verse please? I am looking for you to come up with just one verse that says the AV 1611 KJB is NOT the Word of God for the English speaking people. You'll deny the scripture we show backs up what we believe, now give us the same oportunity with your verse, or verses, to the contrary. You can't! There are NONE."
    Orv-"was 2 Tim 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20-21 originally given in the English KJV:kjb?"
    Pre-"You have to resort to accusing some one of something they never did or intended, how childish! Then try to use your authority to threaten some one when your premise is put to the test. HYPOCRITICAL!"
    Orv-"what did you say about 'revival?" :eek:
    Pre-"Oh, it's DEFAMATION of thosae labeled KJVO alright! You just PROVED IT!"
    Orv-"sorry you're ashamed of your label:Bible facist; Nehushtan Pickled Version Sect" [​IMG]

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Nope, never was squirming. Laughing my head off at you but not squirming.

Then why did God use a term that means "deceived"? You are calling God wrong. You keep failing to realize that God is the one who said it, not me.

You still haven't told us what a NasV is. I can't find anything about that. I have not agreed that the NASB is wrong. You are lying when you say that. You know better. You are flat out attacking the word of God.

And then you start talking about my hair for some reason. That is pure and utter nonsense. You can't talk about Scripture, you can't defend yourself, so you turn and start talking about my hair? Why not just stay on the topic?? Or are you unable to actually discuss that because you don't know anything about it??

Have you looked up the Hebrew yet to find out what God said?? We are still waiting

7. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

We have shown time and time again that Scripture uses versions other than the KJV as Scripture. Therefore, when we use versions other than the KJV as Scripture, then we are only doing what God has already done. That puts us in good company.

8. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Books, chapters and verses please Pastor Larry.

9. michelle

michelle New Member

Peace and love to you all in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour!

To all of you who wish to learn more about the KJV, King James VI of England, and of Westcott and Hort, here is a couple of webpages that explain some of the false accusations against the King himself, and the KJV translators, and the beliefs of Westcott and Hort and the question, are they people one should rely upon regarding translation of God's pure and holy word? It also clears up the misinterpretation of those who use the KJV translators words (that the mv camp uses) to prove the KJV translators condone the methods of the modern translators.

Here are the links:

www.watch.pair.com/translators.html
    www.watch.pair.com/another.html

May the Lord bless you all richly in the knowledge and understanding of His truth and love.

love in Jesus Christ our Faithful Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

10. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

I got a question for you mv lovers. When your beloved mv's contradict one another how do you detemine which one is correct?

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe if we don't feed him he'll go away???

I've seen more logic in political ads! (that ain't no compliment!) :rolleyes: [​IMG] :D

12. ScottEmerson

Again, you can't prove a negative. Basic logic. The burden of proof remains squarely upon you. No evasion gets you away from that fact.

13. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Compare almost any NT quotation to the OT KJV and you will see that what is quoted is not the KJV. That unequivocally proves that God approved the use of things other than the KJV.

We have been through this many times Jim. You should not still be confused about it.

14. ScottEmerson

I don't really see many contradictions. When words or phrases are different, I pull out my trusty Greek New Testament and examine the evidence for myself, and use those gifts of learning and discernment which God has given me to decide which one best translates the original Greek. Sometimes the best version is the KJV, sometimes it's the NIV, sometimes the NASB.

15. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

The same way we determine what is correct when the KJV contradicts another version. We go to Greek and Hebrew texts and do the homework.

How do you not know this stuff Jim?? You are apparently just another KJVO'er who doesn't know much but comes in blowing smoke in hopes that your many words and dogmatic statements will make you look like you do. This is not rocket science. It is simple stuff. HOw do you not already know it?

16. michelle

michelle New Member

Peace and love to you all in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour!

--------------------------------------------------
    Pastor Larry quoted:

The same way we determine what is correct when the KJV contradicts another version. We go to Greek and Hebrew texts and do the homework.
    --------------------------------------------------

Gee, I really wonder how this is beneficial to the average, common person, who thinks that the version they have is easier reading and easier understanding, that they now must go to the origional languages to find out the answer. When all along, there is a Bible that doesn't make them wonder, nor doubt what God has said. And this of course, is if the person is smart enouph to see the difference, but what about those not strong in faith yet, who are beginning to learn through these versions. Why can you people not see the dangers that these versions are causing for the average, common, unlearned people out there, that trust these versions are accurate, when indeed it has become quite clear that there is a great need to refer continually back to the greek texts in order to get the full understanding. When all along, if they had trusted the KJV, they would not have need of this at all. Only those who have doubted God, cling to this false presumption that we need a more accurate and readable translation for the english speaking people today. It has been shown repeatedly that you all must refer back to the greek texts in every discrepancy there is, and in turn you slander the actual preserved word of God in order to prove that the corruption that has occured, is the truth. You all seem like you are wise men, but it seems as though the wisdom and logic you apply to this is flawed considerably when God's preservation of his word by faith comes into it. You don't realize it, but you are actually denying faith in God's promises, by virtue of your methods and reasoning in this area. All these versions, may contain God's word, but that does not mean they are all God's perfectly preserved words, as has been shown to you all over and over again.

Your ridiculous claims that God in the scriptures condones different versions, is ludicrous, and dangerous at best, and leading you to error. Your claims are unfounded, and unproven at best. You lack understanding that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and quoted what was given to him, but your lack of understanding that he not only did not read the whole passage, but that he did and had the authorization to add to that reading other portions of the passage of the message he was giving them. Another problem the modern versions have is the reliance upon the greek LXX which is not the preserved word of God. All that has come from these modern versions is confusion, division, and quite frankly a chaotic mess. This alone, should tell you something is not right with these modern versions. Think not only with your minds, but think with your heart and with faith. Stop excusing the errors and corruptions that have been done to God's holy and perfect word of truth with your love of and for the intellect. It is far better to fear the Lord, than to put trust in man's ways, and man's wisdom. Where is your fear of the Lord? Where? Since when does one have the audacity to mess with God's word, and claim that the corruption is the truth, and the truth is the corruption? This absolutely unbelievable, coming from those who claim the blood of the Lamb.

I hope and pray that the Lord our God will touch your hearts with this truth.

love in Jesus Christ our FAITHFUL Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

17. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Michelle,

Then they wonder why we laugh at the fallacy of their view.

Pastor Larry has just posted for us why mvism in ALL it's forms is wrong and cannot be from God.

Jim

18. Archangel7

Archangel7 New Member

On the contrary, they are well-founded and proven conclusively by examining the very wording of the KJV itself.

EXAMPLE 1 - Note the exact wording of this passage from the Book of Isaiah:

7 he IS BROUGHT as a LAMB to the slaughter,
    and AS a SHEEP BEFORE HER SHEARERS IS DUMB,
    so HE OPENETH not his mouth.
    8 HE WAS TAKEN FROM PRISON AND FROM JUDGMENT:
    and who shall declare his generation?
    for HE WAS CUT OFF FROM THE LAND OF THE LIVING:
    (Isa. 53:7-8, KJV)

Now, note the exact wording of the very same passage as it appeared in the copy of Isaiah from which the Ehtiopian eunuch read on his way back from Jerusalem:

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot READ Esaias the prophet. 29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 30 And Philip ran thither to him, and HEARD HIM READ the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou READEST? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. 32 THE PLACE OF THE SCRIPTURE WHICH HE READ was this,
    He WAS LED as a SHEEP to the slaughter;
    and LIKE a LAMB DUMB BEFORE HIS SHEARER,
    so OPENED HE not his mouth:
    33 IN HIS HUMILIATION HIS JUDGMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY:
    and who shall declare his generation?
    for HIS LIFE IS TAKEN FROM THE EARTH.
    34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at THE SAME SCRIPTURE, and preached unto him Jesus.
    (Ac. 8:27-35, KJV)

The Ethiopian eunuch used a different version of Isaiah, and this fact is clearly recorded in the Scriptures. This demonstrates that any form of "One Version Onlyism" is unscriptural.

EXAMPLE 2 - Note the exact wording of this passage from the Book of Isaiah:

1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me;
    because the LORD hath anointed me
    to preach GOOD TIDINGS UNTO THE MEEK;
    he hath sent me to BIND UP the brokenhearted,
    to PROCLAIM LIBERTY to the captives,
    AND THE OPENING OF THE PRISON TO them that are BOUND;
    2 To PROCLAIM the acceptable year of the Lord.
    (Isa. 61:1-2, KJV)

Now, note the exact wording of the very same passage as it appeared in the copy of Isaiah from which Jesus read in his hometown synagogue:

16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up FOR TO READ. 17 And there was delivered unto him THE BOOK of the prophet Esaias. And when he had OPENED THE BOOK, he found THE PLACE WHERE IT WAS WRITTEN,
    18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
    because HE hath anointed me
    to preach THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR;
    he hath sent me to HEAL the brokenhearted,
    to PREACH DELIVERANCE to the captives,
    AND RECOVERING OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,
    TO SET AT LIBERTY them that are BRUISED,
    19 To PREACH the acceptable year of the Lord.
    20 And he CLOSED THE BOOK, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, This day is THIS SCRIPTURE fulfilled IN YOUR EARS.
    (Lk. 4:16-21, KJV)

Jesus himself used a different version of Isaiah, and this fact is recorded in the Scriptures. So Jesus' own example demonstrates that any form of "One Version Onlyism" is unscriptural.

The doctrine of One Version Onlyism is shown to be the unscriptural by the testimony of these two Scriptural witnesses (cf. Deut. 19:15).

19. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

This why, as the KJV translators said, there is good in having a variety of translations to gain the sense of the passage. It is very helpful to the average common person to have a variety of good translations.

You claim that everyone can see the difference. Are you now backing off on that??

I have seen the danger. Having used a modern version for more than seven years, let me tell you what the dangers are: 1) People understand the word of God; 2) people get saved through the word of God; 3) people are daily reading the word of God; 4) people are carrying the word of God to church and using pens and pencils to underline and take notes in it. How dangerous is that?? If we keep that up, maybe we can start making a difference in our world rather than being consigned to a bookshelf because no one understands it. I hope I have a church of dangerous people … common, everyday people who understand the word of God and live by it.

Except places where the KJV is confusing or unclear.

Who has slandered the word of God on this side? You guys constantly attack it because you don’t like it. But all we have done is what the translators of the KJV did … refer back to the Greek and Hebrew texts. If you look at your title page in your KJV, you will see that they, “not trusting the preserved word of God” as you like to say, actually had the audacity to go back to the Greek and Hebrew texts. Why do you condemn us for doing what the translators of the KJV did?

Actually, I have publicly affirmed my belief in God’s promises of preservation. I will not give that belief up to hold to a man made doctrine.

Actually, all anyone has shown is that the translation is different. You have not yet shown what God actually said about it.

What do you think Christ quoted out of??? What about Paul, and Peter, and the author of Hebrews? Do you really think they were quoting from the KJV or were they using something different? I can prove to you that they were not quoting from the KJV. So your statements are simply wrong.

It is preserved and it is the word of God. How is it not the preserved word of God? What do you think it is?? It is a translation, just like the Syriac, the Aramaic, the Coptic, and so on right down to your KJV. It is the word of God as much as your KJV is. And it is most likely the version of Scripture used by Christ and the early apostles.

What this tells me is that you don’t know what you are talking about. You are the only ones confused about this. I minister in a church every week where people have modern translations and the only confusion came from a guy a couple of weeks ago who was visiting from a KJVO church who questioned the word of God. The people here are not confused. This is not confusing. It is confusing to you because of your lack of understanding.

I have never done this so I don’t need to stop. It is you who are excusing errors and corruptions, not us.

I don’t understand where you get the authority to question God’s word and to mess with it. Where is your love of God’s word? Where is your respect for his revelation? You are the one questioning and attacking Scripture. You are the one who has bought into false teaching that is hindering your spiritual growth because you are focused on the wrong thing. You are attacking us for simply believing the word of God.

You have yet to show us where God said what you say. We have shown you time and time again that your position is not biblical. It is you who threaten the faith of immature believers and confuse them with a word of God that they cannot understand. Why do that to people?

You didn’t give any truth.

20. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Were you seriously impressed with Michelle's response? What did she say that you think was true? I am amazed by the level of thought that is being put forth here. Sooner or later, one would think that at least someone on your side would begin to use their minds to think about what is actually being said here. And yet you guys just keep congratulating one another for posting false statements and attacks on God's word. Why are you proud of that?