1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BV/T or defamation of KJVO

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Precepts,

have you not learned? In the mind of an mv "defender" attacking a person is ok ONLY when it them attacking a Bible believer. Anytime they percieve a Bible believer is attacking on their fellow bibles believers/doubters thats wrong. And oh how they cry when they feel they are being attacked, but oh how they attack others with a zeal greater then theirs for the words of God.

Hypocrites they are.

Just typical double standard SOP for the mv camp.

2. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

If a Bible believer made this same comment the mv side would be up in arms over this attack. I wonderr if they will be consistent and get all over Scott for this or remain silent since he is one of their own.

I personally am 100% offended by this behavior from the mv camp.

3. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Jim, do you deny that Precepts attacked Diane in his post at the top of this page?

Attacks, no matter who they are for, are uncalled for, in this forum and in life.

4. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

He "attacked" her, you "attacked" him.

Outside of hypocrisy, what's your point?

Attack me all you want, I'm able to handle it because my God is bigger then any of you all. Just don't start crying when I point out your double-standards and such.

Thin-skinned, insecure folks really should stay out of debates, but if that happened, who would us Bible believers have to debate against besides each other?

Jim

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you think it's a matter of defending her, I did the same. I thought she just needed to be aware of how she had come across to this young lady is all. Diane came across rather brash spouting scritoputre that definitely gave away her intention to use it as a means of weaponry, not edification, I count everyone of you a friend, why do you misunderstand me so much? I didn't "attack" her. Why are you ATTACKING me? </font>[/QUOTE]Look at your post. You publicly posted email gossip about Diane. That is a fact, not an attack.

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

May I be the first of thirty, Brother Scott?

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Then you ought to take some of your own medicine, Brother Scott.

Is that also an attack? Or just another perversion of reality?

Anyone care for a saucer of milk?

8. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I'm glad you think it's a matter of defending her, I did the same. I thought she just needed to be aware of how she had come across to this young lady is all. Diane came across rather brash spouting scritoputre that definitely gave away her intention to use it as a means of weaponry, not edification, I count everyone of you a friend, why do you misunderstand me so much? I didn't "attack" her. Why are you ATTACKING me? </font>[/QUOTE]Look at your post. You publicly posted email gossip about Diane. That is a fact, not an attack. </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah ,right, Brother Roger. I have given Sister Diane ample oportunity to either correct the injustice on her behalf or refute the accusation publicly. Scott has considered my remark about the ruby red slippers as an attack on her, that is pure silliness and immaturity in it's pure essence. I meant nothing more than to welcome Sister Diane to the Land of Oz. When yall can't deal with the facts you have to resort to childish behaviour and spout your insecurities all over the internet by attacking what someone says and twist it around into an attack. If she really wanted to "help" me with her scripture, she would have sent me a PM, but instead her motive was to try and humiliate me with her false accustaions, just as you persistent accusation has it's identical motive.

Now I ask everyone to get back on topic and quit proving me right, this is become the defamation of KJVO's and not a BV/T forum and yall know it.

I challenge all of you to show me where Luke said Jesus read specifically in Isaiah that place known as Isaiah 61:1,2 and NOT another place in the scripture along with it, still being in PLACE?

You didn't hand Jesus the scroll, nor were you standing right over His shoulder pointing to the scripture and making Him read ONLY that passage.

Your premise is presumptuous and not factual and you have not proven anything except you are full of presumptions.

9. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    And how long will we continue to deal with the sheer silliness expresed here?

10. Precepts

Precepts New Member

As long as it takes, Brother, as long as it takes.

11. ScottEmerson

I still don't understand how Precepts doesn't see that his words are an attack. Even another KJVO, Jim Ward admitted that Precepts attached Diane. How many more are needed before he understands? It doesn't take twisting at all to see your attacks strewn all across the board. Twenty to thirty people have called you on it, and you still haven't changed your tune. So, I must ask - it is ignorance or a falsehood to say that you aren't attacking people?

And Precepts, you are the first person to say that I was attacking, and Jim Ward seconded. First time that's happened for me on the board as I recall.

12. ScottEmerson

...which was followed by...

So really, Jim, which one is it. Are you offended by it or not bothered by it at all? It seems that you are saying two different things.

And I think there is something to be said by implying that I am not a Bible believer. Everyone on this board believes in God's Word. We just don't believe that the English words can ONLY be found in the KJV.

And is this an attack? A simple yes or no would suffice.

Personally it's not about whether the person is tough, thin-skinned, secure, or insecure. The question is: How should a body of Christ treat each other? Many, many witnesses have spoken out about Precept's behavior on the board, and, personally, I'm waiting for the moderators to practice some discipline and show him the exit, because I don't see how he is adding to the Christian atmosphere at all with his words. That's going about things Scripturally. To use sarcasm, biting humour, and inappropriate statements is not found in Scripture - and that is the problem me and many, many others on the board have with Precepts.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You know what Scott, I have posted going on 3000 times and Precepts is the first person I know of who has accused me of an attack as well.

14. michelle

michelle New Member

Peace and love to you all in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour!

To everyone here on this thread, peace and grace from our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Let us forgive one another and move on, and love our fellow bretheren as Jesus Christ would have us to do. We have all made mistakes here, and done wrong, and accused and attacked others. We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God. Let us all take a moment to reflect upon ourselves, and how we each individually have treated one another here, and ask the Lord for forgiveness and guidance to continue. Please, Please in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, let us stop all of this?

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle, I agree! I am closing this thread, since it has moved beyond any semblance of its original purpose (which was not very important in the great scheme of things, anyway!)

Closed.