1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BWA members

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben W, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

As Ichemist pointed out David, the BWA are the Christians that are members of it.

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

You assume much Ben. If my soteriology was as weak as yours, I would probably think they were Christians also.

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Soteriology, The Theological doctrine of Salvation as effected by Jesus.

Scince you have decided to insult me personally by suggesting that my "Soteriology" is weak, maybe you might like to point out where in fact I am "weak".

You dont know me at all, much less what my view of salvation is.

As for your being "weak" sledge, maybe you might want to have another look at Matthew 7:1

4. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

You are obviously a mean spirited person who has no ability to discuss anything without insult and the childish tactic of namecalling. And you have just slandered millions of dedicated Christians throughout the world. You truly speak of which you know nothing.

Dave

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

David, on what basis do you say they are believers? Can you read hearts, the very thing you assume I am doing?

6. lchemist

lchemist Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daniel:

We cannot know what is inside people, but we can seriously listen to their declaration of faith in Jesus Christ and see their testimony of life.

Blessings,

Luis

7. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

Are you assuming you can read hearts? I am not assuming I can do any such thing. But I know personally many a fine Baptist Christian in full support of the BWA. Your words reveal a heart and mind of pharisaical nature, even worse. Excuse me, but so typical of modern Fundamentalists.

I am personally glad the SBC pulled out of the BWA. I find it a serious challenge to authentic, thinking, and genuinely biblical Christians to find much of anything in the SBC worth appreciating these days. And if you really want to know why, it is the way people like you represent them, always judging, always finding fault , and always condemning. Pitiful.

Dave
    And forget a reply for I have nothing else to discuss with you until you learn to discuss things like an adult instead of an immature name caller.

8. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Wow, could you whine anymore than you already do?

Theology doesn't save, but it can certainly keep one from being saved.

The kind of folks who are proBWA are the types with extremely weak soteriology (as Ben has so ably pointed out).

Mere profession means nothing. When this is coupled with the obvious liberality of the BWA, it is quite obvious the kind of 'christians' are in the BWA.

As I said, it is a trash organization.

9. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are the SBC members that are in the BWA trash also?

10. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Well, at least you can stay on topic.

11. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

And you are at least consistent in your inability to discuss this subject without taking the low road. You walk on thin ice being so free with your attack upon so many you do not know, and know nothing about. Have fun in your perfect theological world where you can choose whom you will work with and whom you will not based upon your narrow theological mindset.