1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

By faith or by choice

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I totally disagree with your analysis of Luke. I have spoken to him & read what he has written. He isnt saying a sinner doesnt convince himself that he is corrupt & suddenly saved & begins the "Born Again" Process. Rather that they convince themselves that they are "Born Again" & members of Church Communities and "THINK" their not sinners. Then pontificate to others while they truly are not saved primarily because there is no evidence they have been saved in the first place. Figure that one out! :laugh:

Botton line....you dont know what your talking about! :wavey::D

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Which isn't a rarity by any means. :type:

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

So, you believe God is convicting them and in essence drawing them to seek out truth, but its not until they are regenerated that they actually have faith (at that very moment)? Right?

Is it your understanding that Luke believes that men are regenerated thus causing them to start the seeking process only to come to faith sometime later?

4. Skandelon

I have no idea what this means. :confused:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFL That was palpable!

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evidently, however it is up to Luke to explain so I will leave it there for the time being unless he chooses to NOT address it. Then I most certainly will.

7. Skandelon

I'd buy anyone a beer if they could discern this convoluted statement. I mean, have you read it? Wow. Maybe JesusFan helped you with the wording? :laugh:

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What passes for convoluted :cool:....wait a minute, does that beer go with a Tx BBQ? I will add that you gotta invite JF & I will let him splain to ya! :laugh:

#248 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
  9. Skandelon

You got a deal! :thumbs:

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Very well said!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Why is it that Christians don't want to give all glory to God for His gift of Salvation?

11. OldRegular

So let us take a look at the word quicken using the definition of quicken that you provide. In Ephesians 2:4, 5 we read: But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, [by grace ye are saved;]

So we see that God "begat or caused to live" those who were dead in sins. Now why did God do this? Because of our faith? NO! Because of his great love wherewith he loved us. Nothing else required but the love of God! So why not just give all glory to God for His Gift of Salvation? Can you tell me why anyone can say that "God saved me because of my faith?"

12. OldRegular

Tell me convicted1. Why don't all the dead hear? Why is it that only some hear? Surely you are not teaching universal salvation are you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.