1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

C.S. Lewis College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Dr. Bob, May 15, 2010.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

One thing that can be said is that they will have a beautiful campus on which to start the college. Just curious... are your concerns regarding the "great books" structure of the program?

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why do we need another evangelical college? Would be my first major question.

You know a "great books" curriculum has never really appealed to me. It just doesn't, I mean why spend all that money on books and tuition when I could just get the list, go to my local library and do the same work for free? I dunno.

I'd be interested in other perspectives. I am a fan of education, but I am getting more and more befuddled by the explosion of quasi-academic institutions in the US. I'd be interested in seeing how they expect to help...specifically. :)

4. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

I get your point, but couldn't this be stated of any text? Couldn't you simply get the required text list of any course and save yourself the tuition money? The value is in the way the course integrates the texts into a learning experience.

5. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

I do not presume to speak for Dr. Bob, but my concern is that their doctrinal position is "mere Christianity," which too often translates into what is not Christianity, at least not orthodox Christianity. It certainly won't be Baptist.

My question is: Where will they get their students? I don't see where they will find enough students desiring this particular emphasis to fill that campus. Time will tell.