1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CA chancellor under fire for pepper-spray incident

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Nov 23, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just for clarification: When you say "police brutality from ex-military," are you talking about Lt John Pike? Or are you indicating more than just him?

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

From a current thread about the same topic:

Also Like I told Don some time ago ex-military are not usually fitted for police business as they tend to be brutal and harm the citizens and this is what happened. -Freeatlast

Not only that just like I said in the past when this stuff starts it will be ex-military who will lead in the violence and abuse of civil liberties... -Freeatlast

I believe the answer is self-evident.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to see his answer.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I don't need any benefit of doubt as there is none. Ex-military are bad for law enforcement as they tend to be brutal and lack the ability to stand for the constitutional rights of the people. Also they have a tendency to lie and be dishonest when it comes to their own, look at yourself who is seeking to cover for these criminals even with clear proof they violated the rights of these people, you still seek to cover for them. You alone are the evidence that anyone with ex-military should net be in any form of police work.

6. targus

targus New Member

freeatlast, try doubling the dose.

7. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, you've made some incredible claims. I marked a few with an *. You wouldn't happen to have citations to support them would you? Ex-military tend to be brutal? Really? Who collected that data? That would be an interesting study to read. Lack the ability to stand for constitutional rights? That's funny considering standing for constitutional rights was what they were doing while on active duty. Lying and dishonesty?

I don't know what ax you have to grind with military folk but they deserve more than hot air and borish opinions.

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Question- Could it be said that someone who repeatedly makes baseless accusations (for which repeated calls for evidence are refused) that are knowingly insulting is practicing sin?

#8 Arbo, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
  9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No ax, just plane truth. If you do not believe it then read the reports of some of the activates that went on in Iraq and other places. Also many hold to a military coed of not ratting out a command no matter what they do. I think them for their service to the nation but the service they did causes them to have less then proper understandings of how to deal with citizens if they are put into police work.
    Everything I am saying can be seen right here on this BB as we see ex-military defending or seeking to cover up the criminal acts or those who sprayed those people.

10. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, just your opinion with NO facts. A handful of soldiers did terrible things in Iraq. They were arrested and tried. Nobody was given a free pass on crimes yet you insist that ex-military folk continue to commit crimes by covering up other criminal acts. Cite one example please not just your opinion on the matter. A military code of not "ratting out the command"? One too many movies, maybe?

Tens of thousands of young men and women served with honor and nobility and are quite capable of dealing with the rest of the world just fine. You, sir, are grossly misinformed.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No there was what you CALL a handful with a larger number not being caught. You are proving my point. ex-militarty has been taught how to cover-up for their own. They have no business in the police depts.

12. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, speculation, opinion, and a vivid imagination but no FACTS. The only point proven is that you have a personal problem with either the military, law enforcement or both. I served in the military and was NEVER taught to cover up anything. A crime is a crime regardless of who committed it. Unless you have FACTS to support your statements I'll be more than happy to listen. Otherwise this reads like the National Enquirer or Star.

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Padre, he's made this claim in a couple of different threads; and when asked to provide his proof, always--always--fails to do so.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You are correct there is no teaching to cover up things, just to not spill the beans on your fellow comrades. We see it right here when clear evidence is given of criminal activity of an ex-military person those who served try and cover up the deed or excuse it.

15. billwald

billwald New Member

FACT - some jurisdictions refuse to hire ex-military personnel because they want their streets patrolled by social workers, not police officers.

FACT - soldiers and police officers are hired to maintain the status quo for our owners.

FACT - deluded do-gooders who don't accept the doctrine of our sin nature think social workers can control the streets.

The BIGGEST scam on TV is that one needs 2 years of college to take a civil service police exam. 90% of all police work can be done by a person with a GED (yes, homicide investigation has become very technical). People who have been in the military understand human nature (our sin nature) much better than do college students.

FACT - large cities are no longer controllable under the US Constitution and maybe never were. In the bad old days (physical) crime could be corralled into "red light" districts so that the good, Christian, people would never have to see it. Out of sight, out of mind. The red light districts were places for very spiritual people to evangelize and for the rest of us to ignore. Now days nothing is hidden and anything a police officer does will be on the news in full color.

Some people only respond to pain. In the old days, a trouble maker could be taken into an alley and be spoken to after getting his attention. These days any cop who does old fashioned police work will get himself fired. Modern police work is writing reams of reports explaining why nothing was done.

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When stating "facts," it's always advisable to post your sources; otherwise, they're merely opinions.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Bill it sounds like you would fit right in over in the Soviet Union.