1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CAFTA Debate & Vote Tonight

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 27, 2005.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

According to the The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, a treaty is a formal agreement between two or more states, as in reference to terms of peace or trade.

According to the US Constitution, Section 2, Clause 2, says that "to make Treaties" it requires "two thirds of the Senators present concur". The U.S. Senate approved the Central American Free Trade Agreement today by a vote of 54-45.

Is a vote of 54-45 considered two thirds of the Senators, or do they not consider the Central American Free Trade Agreement to be a treaty?

2. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Jonathan I do appreciate your hard
    fight in this, you are a winner
    in my book.

The playing field in the dead of night was so corrupted and programed to get the desired affect.

Really makes me sad and ashamed that *WE THE PEOPLE were pushed to
    the sidelines.

There is such an imbalance of power
    in our government and I do not pretend to have the answers...I do wish I could snap my fingers and we
    had a viable 3rd party to hold the
    other two more accountable.

but I really do see the Republican
    side doing more rape and pillaging(economically)
    these days perhaps because they have control
    over the whole enchilada.

Sincerely
    Aslanspal