1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cain's wife...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by robycop3, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beameup

beameup Member

Perhaps you could do a little research on the term oiketerion.
    For this offense of abandoning their oiketerion, these Sons of God
    are "reserved in everlasting chains under darkness".

Not only did these fallen angels abandon their oiketerion, but
    doing so enabled them to produce offspring with human women in
    an attempt to corrupt human DNA and prevent a Savior of Man.
    see Gen 6, Jude 6, 2 Cor 5:2 ("house" in KJV).

The Holy Spirit has left these little "clues" in His Word for our enlightenment.

#81 beameup, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
  2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

They cannot just abandon how they were created. We cannot abandon being land dwellers and decide we are going to start flying...it's doesn't work like that.

There is no inter-species breeding.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does it say this?

The Bible says that at the resurrection we shall be like the angels IN HEAVEN, who do not marry. That's it. Nothing about fallen angels reproducing on earth.

I'm stating this not in support of the Nephilim theory, but just to clarify what the Bible says.

#83 InTheLight, Aug 17, 2011
  4. beameup

beameup Member

You might want to ask yourself why the inhabitants of Sodom wanted to "have sex" with the two angels that were there to save Lot and his family.

Also, it says the angels "in heaven", not the fallen angels (bene ha Elohim) that materialized on earth prior to the Flood.

BTW, the remainder of the fallen angels that did not "volunteer" for this mischief prior to the Flood
    will "materialize" during the Tribulation to accomplish further mischief upon the inhabitants of earth.

#84 beameup, Aug 17, 2011
  5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...because they appeared as men, they are still not human. You are connecting dots that are not there.
    A fallen angel is not, and would not be classified as the "sons of God"
    :confused:

6. beameup

beameup Member

Never said they were "human". They were "strange flesh".

I suggest you research the Hebrew term bene ha Elohim. It is always used of angels in the Old Testament.
    _ _ _ _ _ _

The Holy Spirit specifically puts these "clues" in the Word for our "enlightenment" and "understanding".

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So are chimpanzees...doesn't mean you can breed with them.
    I've done my fair share of study on this text in question...and a fallen angel is never interpreted as a son of God. That is fact. In addition, what purpose would it serve for a fallen angel to take a human as a wife when they could just violate them? Marriage is a human institution, more precisely the joining of a male human and a female human.

#87 webdog, Aug 17, 2011
  8. beameup

beameup Member

Gen 6: That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. KJV
    (I wouldn't think of it as a "traditional" marriage; perhaps "they TOOK mates" might be more accurate).

In the O.T. bene ha Elohim are always Angels. The structure of the verse indicates that the daughters of Adam HAD NO CHOICE. They were TAKEN.

Of course you can hold a preconceived conclusion without even knowing the facts. The information is there, the Holy Spirit put it there.

Donkeys and horses produce hybrid offspring called Mules. Angels which had abandoned their "heavenly body", mated with Daughters of Adam and produced
    hybrid offspring called Nephilim. Nephilim were "earth bound" and they also happened to be giants.

#88 beameup, Aug 17, 2011
  9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Actually that understanding is a possible one and held by many. In Jude it reads;
    And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The idea is that somehow certain of the angelic host left their domain and took on human flesh and then married into humanity so as to corrupt the human race making it impossible to redeem.
    Not all the angles who have fallen are being held in chains today as there are demons running around so it is not far fetched to hold that these certain ones did somehow take on human apearance and take women as their wives.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's reading into the text something not there. It is more accurate to understand it the way the author intended...took wives.
    Debateable. It is always interpreted servants or messangers of the Lord (something a fallen angel is not). You are also reading into the text they were taken against their will. That phrase in other places in Scripture means simply to choose a wife.
    I'm not the one reading into the text things that aren't there. Like I've said, I've studied this out in great detail, so don't play the "you don't know the facts" card.
    They are of the same kind...same species. Dogs and wolves also mate as they follow suit. Try again.
    ...and yet again more eisegesis unsubstantiated by fact.

#90 webdog, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
  11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The fact remains (that has been continually ignored) that "sons of God" NEVER refer to fallen angels, meaning the entire view falls flat on it's face from the get-go leading to any conclusion also being faulty, regardless of how many people believe it.

12. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, EVERY created being is a "son of God" since He created all who live, whether they became evil or not.

We just don't know now WHO the 'sons of God' were who bred with human women and produced giants. We just know it did happen, and that they were apparently superior to humans, as they produced giants far-larger and more-powerful than ordinary men.

And we don't know JUST WHEN these 'sons of God' came to earth, even though the wording of Gen. 6:1-4 suggests it mighta been after several generations of people had been born. But again, I don't believe God EVER condoned incest between full biological siblings.

And we know they returned after the flood, as once again there were giants in the land. And these giants were far-larger than any 'giants' of today. For example, there are many Israelilegends saying King Og of the Amorites was twice the size of a normal man, and a stone burial mound in the ruins of ancient Rabbah, near Amman, Jordan, has a resting place in it of some 13 feet in length, as compared with about six feet for the others. (Not to mention the giants of Saul's and David's time.)

Now, given the long lifespans of the early homo sapiens, it's possible that Cain's wife was the product of one of his sisters and a 'son of the gods', which would fall within the parameters of what GOD once condoned incest-wise. But I don't believe He EVER condoned sex between full-blood siblings, or between parent and child. While He didn't immediately destroy Lot's daughters for their incestuous acts, I don't believe He held them guiltless. Met any Moabites or Ammonites lately?

#92 robycop3, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
  13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I didn't get beyond this. Wow. :eek:

14. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Polygenesis