1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calf Skin Leather Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by hawg_427, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Just wondering if anybody has a calf-skin leather Bible and if they like it. I read a bad review of the Nelson Macarthur signature series Bible, it said the type was poor and overpriced. Web prices are not too bad. Thanks.:wavey:

2. 4risen1

4risen1 New Member

Hi Hawg, Yes I own a number of Calfskin bibles.... I love the feel of the softer calfskin as compared to the regular leather. I would suggest going to a web-site titled leatherbibles.com they have calfskin bibles of all translations and types. My favorite Calfskin Bible is the Charles Stanley NASB...but, it does not have notes or even footnotes if that is what you are looking for.... I have also found the Lockman Foundation NASB's to be of great quality.... ESV deluxe reference is also beautiful. I saw and held a MacArthur Calfskin...I thought that the font was smaller than I would have liked and it seemed that the paper was not of the highest quality... seemed like it was the regular study bible bound in calfskin. Check out that web-site!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.