1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calif mall outlaws religion speech

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see what you're saying, Donna, but I thought the guy was a pastor who INTENTIONALLY went to the mall to evangelize, not to shop? I can see where limiting private conversations while you're shopping would be a problem, but if you're approaching and hindering other shoppers, that's different.

Kind of like having a birthday party at McDonalds. You have to schedule it with the management and pay a fee (or at least years ago that's how they did it.) You couldn't just decide that you'd bring your own food and cake and use their facilities to throw a party during lunch hour, like you would a public park. Management would have a fit, and rightly so.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No, but you live in Kentucky. Same state laws. As for intoxication, why don't you try it and let us know how that works out for you. Hint: Do some research before stating your "facts" that are just opinion. You are truly way off base.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, they could be so arrested. The mall security could call the police. If the owner wants to file charges, they could.

This is the same situation as when I lived in apartments here. There was a sign forbidding "solicitation" of any kind - religious or selling stuff - because the apt. property was private property. This is the same thing with malls.

4. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Opening ones property to the public does not mean it becomes public property. Far from it, shopping centers are 100% private property regardless if the are open to the public.

Also keep in mind that the property owners customers are not the public, but rather the tenants. The owners have a responsibility to manage the property in a professional manner.

As I mentioned in an earlier post it also could very well be that they are required to enforce this as per the terms of their leases with some of the larger national tenants. Most people would be surprised just how much detail and to what extent some of these commercial leases can cover.

5. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Now I read where this guy is suing. IMHO doing so is a poor witness, sadly kind of ironic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.