1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

California legislature to ban the word "Alien!"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jul 11, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please find the link yourself. Unable to do on my Nook.

By making this word no longer part of describing undocumented immigrants (illegal alien's) will now allow illegal's to be on the same level playing field as American citizens who right now have priority or first choice if applying for government contracts within the state.

ONCE AGAIN, illegal's are going to be treated as legal citizens when competing for said contracts.

Do any of you see this as being fair? I know I don't. Once again, if aliens want to be on the same playing field as American citizens, let them leave and apply for legal immigration status. It seems that the snowball running down hill giving illegal aliens rights to one time services for citizens is picking up speed and adding to its momentum more and more rights once meant for American's

It has to stop, or to borrow a phrase from Ann Coulter's new book, it will for certain be "Adios, America!"

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are they from outer space?

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Californians? Maybe so.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I would share the definition of "alien" for those in this thread who have demonstrated with much clarity they do not know what that word means in the context of people.

Full Definition of ALIEN

a : belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : strange
    b : relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government : foreign
    c : exotic 1
    : differing in nature or character typically to the point of incompatibility

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alien

5. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't like the word "alien" in this case, anyway, because I think the truth is more sinister.

I prefer border criminals or invaders.

But I do object to the politicization of language.