1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Call in the militia?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Stratiotes, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Stratiotes

Stratiotes New Member

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many states currently have a miltia! And I am not talking about the National Guard.

Just today, I enlisted in the New York Guard!

Our mission is four fold:
    1. Assist the National Guard to mobilize to go overseas
    2. Take over the duties of the NG in their absence
    3. Provide family assistance to NG families
    4. Supplement the NG when needed and directed by the Governer

I would like to point out our Commander-in-Chief is the Governer NOT the President of the US.

For further infomation go to: State Guard Association of the US

Just about every unit is looking for new members. Since each state is automous, recuriting regulations will vary from state to state. Here in NY, you may join up until the age of 55. Once you are in, you may stay till age 65. Normally, physcial requirtmetns are not as strigent as the Federal forces.

State Guards also need chaplains.
    Since we are not under federal control, we would never be sent overseas. In fact, you would only serve in your home state.

Looking to see you at our next drill.

Sergeant First Class Salty

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Seems to me Bush's intent is to destroy the state national guard system.Rome did the same thing. When a country is conquered the local army could sign up with the Roman army but they were transported to serve a thousand miles away. Bush is conquering the states.