1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

called to bear fruit

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Blood, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Blood

Blood New Member

Hello, and hoping to find someone online, also
    posted this in the witnessing and evangelism group. I am a fundamentalist in doctrine though at the present I find myself a member of a S B C. [​IMG]
    I dont come here much but have been a member for a good while. am usually rather busy!! Dont want to interrupt any other important discussions either, but am in need of prayer and counsel.
    Redeemed in79' from a terrrible life ,blessed with the priviledge of sitting under the ministery of the late evangelist Lester Rolloff, until his going home.God called me , put me in ministry and was blessed Preached here and there in and out of churches , got bitter got out of fellowship with the Lord but knowing I was God Called, Ive ended up in middle Tenn. and have been experiencing restoration and while in fellowship at a small community, first (southern) baptist church. Have been in this Church for several years nowand am walking in the joy of the Lord. Have had a ministry in the local county jail for going on 1 1/2 years and have seen 17 men saved and God has blessed that work. Last June I felt lead to go full time into ministry and so I quit a job I had had for two years,
    (basically I've worked for myself in construction all my life) anyway I have been trying to create a business on the internet to provide for my family and that has not proved to be very prfitable. Recently doors have been opening up for me to preach more and more and it looks as though it is possible to do evangelism full time.
    I am an adament bible believer and strive to stick to the truth of the word of God and not church or religious tradition. I have spoken with the area wide associatonal missionary and he also wants to plug me into vacancies for revivals and churches needing vacancies filled. The Word of God has been flowing through my mind like a raging river and I feel full to the brim.
    And so any encouraging words or advice would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected] and would like some sincere fellowship with those interested in the propogaton of the gospel and harvest of the souls of men... [​IMG]

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I am SBC, and the biggest part of my church is fundamentalist, so I don't understand this statement.

3. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

How can you be a "fundamentalist" and be living in TN. and going to a SBC? Just kidding.......about the TN. part. If I can be of any help just let me know.

4. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

It would seem, dear brother, that it is YOU who have the words of encouragement for US !!

What a wonderful testimony of God's blessing the preaching of His Word !!

Thank you !!

5. Molly

Molly New Member

I am SBC, and the biggest part of my church is fundamentalist, so I don't understand this statement. </font>[/QUOTE]Maybe he said that because many SBC are not considered fundamental...alot are liberal in their theology and some are even run by CBF suuporters....

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

See now i never know what people are talking about when they say things like this, because my SBC church is fundamentalist.

7. Molly

Molly New Member

I'm so glad for you,Katie. There are some SBC that are fundamnetal in their teaching. When we were memebers of a SBC,we(my husband and I) and a few other families were labeled fundamentalists....and it was a negative term! We thought it was good to be a fundamentalists,because it meant following the Bible and its teachings....others did not think so...so everything was difficult..it was not elder ruled,when looking for a pastor,there were so many different ideas what he should be like. My husband was on the pastor search team and it was ugly. Preaching the word was not important to some and his biblical qualifications(most did not even consider these to look for) were not a prerequisite. :eek: A lot of SBC churches are like this,we have found. Some are not. be very thankful!

8. Blood

Blood New Member

Blood here again,
    any referance i made to SBC's or fundamentalists was not to place a stigma on anyone. From my experience I've found great differences between the two sects. I would love to find a SBC that held to the fundamentals of the faith . Fundamentals which have proved, by the bearing of fruit, which are and should be based upon the Word of God and not anything else. Whether it is clergy or congregation , I have been made aware of a frightening occurance in ""christian churches"" SBC and fundamental etc. etc. and that is that members and ministers alike walking out on their body and denying the faith by accepting forms of higher teaching, secular humanism, and ecumenical movements which are clearly contrary to the Word of God. In posting I was only trying to give a clear representation of what God has brought me through to bring me to where I am today , with a yerning (&lt;? spell) to preach the Word without causing dessentionin the body.
    ...The preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but to us which are saved it is the power of God.