1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calling all Mac users ...

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by PJ, Nov 19, 2009.

1. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that may've been a dirty way to get your attention. :laugh: But I could really use your expertise!

Last week, I downloaded a Microsoft Office update. Every since then, my Mac freezes up several times a day. I first thought it was only when I was using Microsoft Office. Then I tested that theory by using other apps and not Microsoft Office, but it froze up anyway.

You fellas are the best at diagnosing these problems. Any idea what's going on? Thanks!!

#1 PJ, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
  2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be in keeping with the wise lipness of Mac users, BUY A PC :tongue3:

Have little mac experience but I would see if I could uninstall the update. It could have changed some file that other programs use.

3. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm ... I wish it were that easy. But thanks! :)

4. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Back up your documents (which you are already doing, right? ;) ), uninstall and see if the system works ok before reinstalling Office.

(I don't use Office, still using an '06 Pages for documents~and yeah Pages sux)

If you're a mac user you should know these guys:

http://forums.macrumors.com/

They have loads of answers there.

5. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

I'm a Mac user as well...have Crossover and use Microsoft Office 2000 on my iMac and Mac Book...I've never tried to install any updates though...I just run with what I got and haven't had any issues.

Anyway, as a Mac user as Mr. Jim has pointed out...save his link and this link Apple Discussion

These forums will save you a lot of headache when you run into issues and you will eventually...Just yesterday, my iMac booted up to a white screen...I spent 4 hours on the Apple Discussion fourms with a guy walking me through the fix...It's working great now

In XC
    -

6. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks gents ~ I will definitely check out the links you've provided. Much appreciated! :)