1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvin and Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Logos,
    Your attempt to explain away Mt13....will not fly.Speculating on their political thoughts or what may or may not have been going on in their heart does not address the clear statements of scripture. God alone reveals and conceals truth.

No where does scripture say all men without exception have salvation available to them.

I do not think you have a real grasp of election, or the Covenant of Grace based on your response.

then you say this;
    Particular redemption is taught in scripture.....the condition of the heathen has nothing to do with that issue. Again I do not know you that well,but I am not sure if you could give an accurate teaching on the atonement.

You make these claims about Calvin/calvinists.....but your view does not conform to scripture.

2. Logos1

Logos1 New Member

Iconoclast fancies God has anointed him arbiter of scriptural interpretation

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

How old are you? You do act rather young.

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I thought some earlier discussions made the age "thingy" irrelevant.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Thingy" brother quantum.....Act your age! LOL

6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

maybe it is irrelevant.

He has a hate for rippon. I guess you had to be there from the start to understand.

7. Logos1

Logos1 New Member

I own jathur--I'm living rent free in his mind

LOL, jarthor old boy, for someone who bid me farewell I’m sure staying inside your head.

I don’t hate anyone. Don’t hate Rrippon in the least. Since you are obsessed with me anyway why don’t you make it a project to review every post I’ve ever done and see where I’ve ever called him a single name, been unkind to him, belittled him, or in any other way mistreated him.

I do repost his remarks in his initial contact with me and have some fun with the things he accused me of, but that is the extent of my interaction with Rippon. I’m guilty of having a little fun with his remarks, but that hardly qualifies as hate.

You should let me decide if I want to get in the hate business and not be so fast to help me out with it.

PS—on the age thingy—I’m not young by most standards—but just for the sake of argument—let’s pretend I’m very, very young. What conclusion could we draw from that—that someone a fourth or fifth of your age post such logical arguments that you can’t meet them with logic and resort to personal snipping—that is music to my ears because it amounts to capitulation on your part on the arguments when you are reduced to such petty snipping. Snipe away my good fellow, don’t hold back, tell me how you really feel about me!

"How old are you? You do act rather young." Jarthur001

Yes grandfather—I’ll try to act my age better.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I have seen disdain on both sides of the fence. If you are implying that Rippon does not respond and post in like fashion, then you are simply wrong.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe we should refer to the BB as "No country for old men"

Lets not kid ourselves, we have all taken our fair share of swipes....I know I have, but as Christians should we be using words like Hate....which actually rhymes with Reprobate & Apostate......OK, In your ear with a can of beer. LOL (That was juvi)

Guess how old am I & whats my weight. Bet ya cant, Bet ya can't :tongue3:

10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

again I must ask...really?

When is the last time you called out a free willer when they cross the line? :)

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Old and fat......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh wait.....that's me. LOL

12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Bingo!
    _____

13. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You sure seem to think you know who hates who. I imagine he has a hatred for the way Rippon presents his points, but I am guessing. If you think he hates someone, instead of making ignorant assumptions, just ask him.'

Me, I don't hate anyone here. I do hate hyper-Calvinism and the way it is presented as truth, when it is obviously gross error. I do think the few posters who espouse this view, do so with pure motives. I just think they are wrong.

14. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Why should he, that's your job. Don't construe this to mean that I hate you! :tongue3:

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Probably the last time you called out someone for stating Arminians serve another god. Oh wait, you started a thread on that...nevermind.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    as my wife repeatedly tells me.....as you get older its harder to loose the weight. I'm her prime example! :smilewinkgrin:

17. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Excellent point. No . . .ism compares to scripture. So why would anyone spend any time on something that is not scripture when all . . isms are counterfeits?

"Let God be true, and every man a liar."

18. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

19. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Stick to the subject. This is not about me or rippon, or logos. Whatever rippon did, is carried on each time with a "I hate rippon" signage at the end, is rather silly..

do you agree?

20. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Robert, I never did think this. But if you end each post with I hate james....I may begin to think so.

do you agree?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.