1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism and Free Will

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JustChristian, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

True. I couldn't help but see this quote in your post:

I nearly broke a rib reading this. I think I'm going to print this on a gas-filled balloon, mount it on the wall and watch it deflate over the days. Have you ever seen one of those postmodernist essay/letter generators? I bet I could create a auto-bloviator program based on Q's posts alone. Just punch in the number of lines you want it to generate, and it will crank out condescending-sounding brain farts like this one.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I was just going to ask if people actually talk like that. I've wondered what Bill O'Reilly meant when he said "no bloviating". Now I know. :laugh:

You could always start a new thread with those 3 questions posed by James. :D

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

Tell you what James, I will try to articulate in more elementary terms.

Go back and read the thread. They have ALREADY been discussed (maybe not in you specific order but each has been addressed in various ways through various arguments). Why should we re-do the majority of the thread, when the time has ALREADY been taken to answer these previously.

Therefore they HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED, you just don't like the answers given

#303 Allan, Nov 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  4. Allan

Allan Active Member

And you sir, have been answered point for point, but you either 'ignored' them or couldn't comprehend them. But in either case you could not dispove them, period.
    Gutless? I have not seen anyone in here yet back down. I but I did watch you bow out :thumbs:

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

James, in another thread you tried to use this phrase and even confused the Calvinists there :laugh: . You know it makes no sense to anyone but you when you use it because you even had to explain yourself there :)

#305 Allan, Nov 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shorten Your Sentences !

Q , you obviously have not encountered the meaning of words such as 'concise' and 'brief ' . And you have not met up with 'succinct' or 'pithy' either . I've run into 'redundant' in case you were wondering . However , I don't think you have been getting the hint that your posts are too wordy and ungrammatical . When someone looks at your posts they see a guy who is trying very hard to impress others . Yet you have become a court jester with your verbose ramblings . You get yourself in particular trouble with your attempted sentences of 20 or more words . You don't speak the way you write -- simplify your sentences . We may still disagree with you but your time on the BB will be more profitable .

7. Allan

Allan Active Member

You play this game more than anyone.

But in all fairness, you made an accusation about 'them' (plural' dodging Npet 'pointed' questions', and he answered you accordingly to see where these 'dodges' were and the points to which they were attached. You sited one posting where he DOES answer the question but does not answer it to your liking. That is NOT dodging a pointed question because he might not be aware you didn't get his point. That is not his fault, but it is simply there needs to be more clarification for the other person.

The other was one not specifically answered, and agian in all fairness, even you miss postings and do not address them. And when people call you out on them (like I have done with me and you discussing something), you state you merely overlooked it. That is not dodging in the assumed reference you place it because you make the accusation of "..by them dodging your pointed questions." Notice both of these (them, and questions) are in the plural but I'm sure you are awared of that since you wrote it. So it begs the question, who are 'them' you are refering to, and the so-called pointed questionS which were dodged or not answered.

Now there were only two who were specifically dealing with Npet and about two others who came in here and there. I personally would like the know who the 'them' were you are refering to, since Alex and myself were the main commentors and the other two were not directly involved often. Maybe you were refering to them?

Anyway I personally just wanted clarification from you on that and your support of such claims. :thumbs:

8. Allan

Allan Active Member

Why? They have been addressed and answered here in.

9. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

1. So, I can mark you down as a infralapsarian?

2. It IS my intention to "debilitate" non-biblical schemes of decrees. If I have misrepresented your particular views, please forgive, and enlighten me.

10. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Skypair said:
    Absolutely wrong! My position is that NOTHING happens that has not been decreed by God.
    No, that's not quite it. Calvinists reject the freedom of man's will. That's what we mean when we say that man does not have "libertarian" (akin to liberated) will.

Fallen man "chooses" to sin by his own will. He willingly sins. He can not choose to be eternally saved because it is against his nature to do so. He loves sin and hates God. How can he choose to love that which he hates. He must be born again. Then he will choose to believe in Christ whom he loves with his new heart.

I'm sure you've heard all this before.

11. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

if that be the case, there is no harm to answer them again.

to this point...still NOTHING!!

Answer and be done with it

12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

That however does not make it wrong. Now that you know you no longer need it explained. So it it would help you please use...
    John Murrays.....Gods sovereign sphere
    :BangHead: :BangHead:

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Lots of words....but no answers.

I have a idea...answer this...

I cannot believe it has gone on this long. Dodge after dodge.....

have you no shame?

The best way to end me asking ...is for you or someone to answer. come now..you can do it.

14. Allan

Allan Active Member

It has been, READ THE THREAD and YOU answer the posts ARLEADY given.

If YOU want answers, then address the already posted responces. If you wont it proves your insincere desire to actaully hear anything.

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the non-Cals continue to bob & weave :laugh: .

16. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Not that it matters for this is but a plow to dodge again...but I will address this post.

ok

yes

he...meaning Q...yes

not attach...just facts..but yes

wrong....i gave two post...but still one is all that is needed

and he still has not answer me or any other. :laugh:

aaaaaw. maybe he cannot read. I never thought of that. But now that I pointed it out...STILL NO ANSWER

ok...but if asked again i do. but in this case...NO ANSWER

indeed. But in this case...NO ANSWER

is too

indeed...for they were.

yes

well..at 1st it was WB only....for he had "overlooked" a few. But Q stepped in...thinking it was he i was talking about(guilt)...and so i happen to find a quote or two he did not address. And guess what? After I posted them...STILL NO ANSWER

Thanks for sharing

Give yourself a break and stop thinking so highly of yourself. It is my guess your post numbers on this thread are not in the top 5. But you can prove me wrong...if you choose to count. But I could care less. Once again..you jump in no knowing what you are taking about.

whatever...please notice...NO ANSWER!!!

ok..to be clear..and maybe I have not been to this point.

Please answer this...

Thanks..

17. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

this has to be the best thread ever!!!

haha

this is going on my blog

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

this all begain back on page 26 I think it was...

with my giving a "good job" to another brother. This made them so mad, they could no longer see. This shows in the logic of their post. Note I said right after Q stated on his wrath and rage in something fitting to behold like no other, that I asked Q..what makes you think I'm talking about you???? or something like that. PLEASE DON"T MAKE A BIG DEAL IF ITS NOT WORD FOR WORD!! yet another side step

So what really happened? I read the thread and read a few lines by npetreley

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1125046&postcount=21
    Please finish the sentence, and you'll see that you're wrong.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1125156&postcount=39
    You free-willers are all alike. The moment you get stumped you cry, "hostility!" and run away.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1125210&postcount=43
    Really? Then why is it you guys never answer the questions? Don't bother answering that one, it's a rhetorical question.

and now we are on page 32

all I did was say...good job

Then Allan comes in to save the day....not knowing what he is talking about.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

still mad??

BTW...

#318 Jarthur001, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  19. Allan

Allan Active Member

See, that wasn't as bad as you thought. Thank you.

You made the 'Hats of off' comment shortly after npet annoucment that he was putting me on ignore just as he has with WD and Alex. I made the assumption your comment was refering to the conversation when I entered the conversation and for him to coninue in the truth (so to speak). If it extended further back than that, it was my misunderstanding and acknowledge it as such. It has nothing to do with thinking of myself so highly.

#319 Allan, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  20. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.