1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinism and Marriage

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by FR7 Baptist, May 12, 2012.

1. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

I look at it this way....

If Dr. Graham has 5,000 people profess to be saved at one of his crusades and you have 50 profess to be saved in your church over the period of a year.

Now, suppose we say that only 30% of those in Dr. Graham's crusade were really saved. That would be 1500 people who were genuinely saved.

I would guess your percentage of genuine professions would be about the same: 30%. If so, that means you had 15 people genuinely saved.

Why question the number of people who professed Christ at a Graham crusade when you would probably be very happy to report that you had 50 saved at your church over a year's span...without a disclaimer!

2. independentDEM

independentDEM New Member

Non baptist posting in Baptist-only forum. Please obey the simple rules of the Board!

#22 independentDEM, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We would be one IN CHRIST, not one based upon all doctrines in agreement!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NONE of what you stated here are either true or held by calvinists!

As cal take ALL of it from the Bible, not pagen sources!

And NO Christian will go to hell!

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have NO idea where you get your information but maybe finding out the truth might help!! If one is saved, they do not go to hell, period - and I don't know one Calvinist who would say otherwise!

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're NOT Baptist and should not be posting on this forum.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When just developing friendship/initial dating we had a great discussion on this matter. Since we were both finishing a Baptist college (me in pastoral and her in education) we were square on almost everything.

And when I found that she also believed in the sovereignty of God in salvation and abhored the semi-pelagian/arminian false teaching, it was a "match made in heaven". :love2:

Cannot imagine being a pastor and NOT having my bride "on board" on all truth.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think that the Christian can have his bride on board with him even IF they disagree on this kind of issue as long as keep Christ centered!

Look at Billy/Ruth Graham, she stayed Presby and he baptist all their lives, but were one in Christ!

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Name one person who has all truth. Truth is not just intellectual. False teachers can believe truth intellectually.

10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if the Father did not give them to the Son I guess they must have come down that aisle by faith other than real faith.

John17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Therefore, just what would be, real faith?

With permission from dh1948 and all else I could move this to the thread," Can someone WANT to be saved but not be?"

#30 percho, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hebrews 11:1. Hebrews 11:6 tells how we can please God.

12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Is Heb 11:1 / 6 not that what the 5000 to 50 did in the previous post of which we are hypothetically assigning 30% as being genuine?

If the faith of Hebrews 11 is our faith, something we are generating, what determines whether it is genuine or not? Is it genuine only if we can quit sinning all together, or most of the time, or some of the time, every now and then?

I should have moved it for it may help Winman and others understand my posts in that thread.

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Could you explain?

May I suggest that the answers to your questions are found in the Bible if you will read it.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My wife and I both believe in doctrines of God's sovereignty and grace very strongly.

As far as Calvin, I only think of him when I hear the song "Light My Fire" by the Doors. I wonder if Calvin listened to that song the night before Michael Servetus died.

#34 saturneptune, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012