1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism as Agnosticism

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by JohnB, Mar 29, 2005.

1. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Hey, yeah, see my post in Spurgeon's thoughts on Calvinism.

I doubted my salvation for years--because I was basing it on what I had done, and I didn't feel good enough--didn't know if "I'd done it right." :eek:

But when Christ opened my eyes, he transformed me, and now I know.

2. rc

rc New Member

Amen Margo,

When Faith is based "properly" it gives you the proper outlook.

When Faith is based on Christ, who PERFECTLY SAVES, it is a done deal. Your salvation is in the one who FINISHED it.

When your faith is in faith, that which MAN accomplishes, it is based on sand that is easily here today and gone tomorrow.

3. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

The foolish man built his house upon the sand.

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello JohnB.
    "His inscrutible will" to "His good pleasure" are the same thing. "who are you to question God?" is God's answer to you about why He does so. RO 9:19 One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" 20 But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, `Why did you make me like this?' " 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?
    Who are you to demand an answer from God? Does, "...who are you, O man, to talk back to God?" Mean nothing to you?
    I am certain. Who says you can't be certain of God's love but Satan? Who says you can't be certain of God's word but Satan? "I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life." John 6:47.
    Why should I believe that this means me? God told me so. He says that if I believe He died for my sins then I would be saved. I believe and I am saved. Why do I believe that? Because He worked that in me to believe.
    The moment a fear comes to mind I realise that I have forgotten, "Jesus died for my sins", I stop worrying.
    Salvation is not a future thing it has happened to me already. I have no fear of the future in truth as to where I shall end up because I am there already. The future is known to me in outline and I know Him who can fill in the details

Hello billwald.
    2JN 1:1 To the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in the truth--and not I only, but also all who know the truth-- 2 because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever: 3 Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.

ILUVLIGHT's 2 Peter 2:1-10.
    That's no good because that can be counterfeited. Where Christian it will lead directly to a works based salvation and a stepping away from faith.

Hello rc.
    1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
    Worrying would be works too! :cool:
    This keeps us in line for sure... Love is better at keeping in line than anything else I know. Love makes you want to do but fear drives you the other way.

Hello El_Guero.
    Edify if it is to do with love and not fear.
    I see the bible as a love letter from our Bridegroom. I cannot accept any threats coming the way of the Bride! :cool: For any reason.
    He loves us and is therefore incapable of doing us harm therefore any threats a Christian sees must be for someone else and not for His sheep. He is not able to fulfill any threat to us! :cool: Except the treat of making us perfect.

Wes.
    I see you still do not know what you are talking about man. GOD IS ONE.
    Man is the KEY? HaHa! :cool: Salvation belongs to Wes! It is by grace man from a Sovereign God!

johnp.

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

6. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

God's idea of justice doesn't have to match with man's idea of fair. (Apparently this is new revelation to some people. [​IMG] )

7. rc

rc New Member

Hello rc.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Get it? Worrying about not being saved, helps us to cling all the more to Christ.. (which by God's grace keeps us!)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
    Worrying would be works too!
    This keeps us in line for sure... Love is better at keeping in line than anything else I know. Love makes you want to do but fear drives you the other way.

AMen

8. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Worry is a sin. Worry NEVER helps us.

9. here now

here now Member

All of my WORRIES are replaced with FAITH in GOD.
    Because I know that although things may not always turn out the way that I think that they should, I know with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that He will be there to see me through.

10. here now

here now Member

This is refering to "infants and adults" in the born again sense.

Again that is a nice opinion but that is all it is. Infants start somewhere and that in not be being born again before they hear the word that brings them to the state of being born again!

You have your opinion so tightly wrapped around the rear axle that you can't even see the stearing mechanism.

Wes,
    So you think that the Bible is litterally telling one what to feed babies?
    [​IMG]

11. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

All of my WORRIES are replaced with FAITH in GOD. Because I know that although things may not always turn out the way that I think that they should, I know with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that He will be there to see me through. </font>[/QUOTE]Did I say you didn't believe that?

12. here now

here now Member

All of my WORRIES are replaced with FAITH in GOD. Because I know that although things may not always turn out the way that I think that they should, I know with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that He will be there to see me through. </font>[/QUOTE]Did I say you didn't believe that? </font>[/QUOTE]Please don't take offense. I was merely chiming in and backing up what you had stated.

13. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

[​IMG]

OK, Margo . . . step back. read every post through twice. Make sure I've considered every possible meaning. Don't post if I'm not sure--or else pm the person.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, here now.
    My three-fold "excuse" : I'm sick, I'm a writer (aka "not all there"), and I'm female. [​IMG]

14. here now

here now Member

15. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Thanks. A lesser man (I assume you're a man) would have throttled me.

16. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I know of no one who looks back at a decision to determine whether or not they have salvation!

Everyone I know looks at their faith to determine whether or not the object of their faith is Jesus, the Christ. Jesus tells us that if we have faith even on his name, that we have everlasting life. And that it is not a matter of election by God, but rather who the individual has faith in.

17. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Wow, is that the same as strike three! You're out!

18. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Hey, I posted it out about myself. [​IMG]