1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "Calvinism ...is a[Edited] theological position" [Southern Baptist]

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AndThisGospel, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

No...He did not force Saul....

2. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one even knows what you are babbling about. How can your criptic comment bother anyone when it makes no sense. Again, what bizarre website are you going to?

#22 MennoSota, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  3. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

God sends his spirit to every man to convict him of sin & his need of the Savior. The response is either one of faith or rejection. You really struggle with this, don't you?

4. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, according to your bizarre belief, Paul was a Christian while he killed other Christians because God chose all men at the moment of their birth. God's work on the road to Damascus is meaningless in your bizarre theology.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Keeps getting edited....It must offend someone? Truth hurts....

6. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mods...do you know what "AndThisGospel" is talking about. I can't decode his encryption.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

[Edited] If you going to tell me what I believe get it right.

Here's what I believe:

Eph 2:4 "God, being rich in mercy, because of His great (agape) love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ..."

#27 AndThisGospel, Feb 5, 2017
  8. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You never provide any substantive biblical text. I already showed why your "all men" verse is wrong. Besides that I have provided passages, not just one verse, to show God's work in choosing. [Edited]

#28 MennoSota, Feb 5, 2017
  9. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You keep changing your beliefs.

The text you quote shows clearly that God does the work. Why are you using the text that makes my point and then attempting to say you chose God. You are contradicting yourself with the text you quote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

No you haven't....Paul said anyone who presented another gospel should be accursed. [Edited]

11. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where do you find this [Edited] statement in the Bible. I would love for you to show us. Then I need you to show us where anyone, other than yourself, uses the phrase.

I wait for you to explain this phrase.

Until then, I consider what you are doing to be trolling and flaming with zero substance. I will cease communication until you can actually speak intelligently.

Explain yourself or we can have the moderators review your actions.

#31 MennoSota, Feb 5, 2017
  12. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

You mean, has done the work. God doesn't save someone every time a sinner believes. He saved all men, not when they believed, but when they were hopeless lost in trespasses and sins. God united this fallen human race to Christ and in so doing He made them spiritually alive. He took this glorified humanity to heaven in Himself.

13. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God doesn't save all men. If He did, there would be no men in hell.

You use Ephesians 2, which is a wonderful passage showing that God chose to make the believers in Ephesus alive, from their spiritual deadness. Yet, you are attempting to make it say that all men are made alive. The text doesn't say that.
    We turn to your text in the gospel of John and we see that the all is not a universal all. The context qualifies it and shows that it cannot mean a universal all.

Your views end up being universalism...unless a person willfully denies Jesus. However, this also means that if a person never hears about Jesus and does not deny what he does not know...he must be saved. All men, using your theology, are saved.

You will likely try to say no to that, but if you say no then you make Ephesians 2 null and void and thus reject your own claims. Do you see the circular flaw in your view? Probably not, but it's right there for all to see.

14. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek:

Whoa!! Got any scriptures to back this up?

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,[Ephesians 1:13]

For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.[1 Corinthians 1:21]

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.[Romans 1:16]

But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you decare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.[Romans 10:8-17]

You have no support for that which I quoted you.

15. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell me something please...what was your pastor's message yesterday????

16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It truly is a mind-boggling statement from ATG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AndThisGospel,

Such unbelief can be overcome by a careful reading of the scriptures if the Spirit will allow you to welcome it
    Yes...we are seeing a pattern here...you do not believe....that can change:Sick

[QUOTE]I do not believe the Bible teaches that man is dead in his trespass and sin to the extent that he is totally incapable of responding to God’s revelatory work found in the Scriptures nor His reconciliatory work rooted in the convicting work of the Holy Spirit in the heart of an unbeliever.[/QUOTE]

When you misunderstand the fall and it's consequences , you cannot properly grasp truth:Cautious

[QUOTE]I do not believe a lost person must be “born again” so that he MAY repent and then exercise believing or saving faith to become part of God’s forever family[/QUOTE].
    3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

I agree with you here:Thumbsup

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I f calvinism is a cult, then would you state here that thoe of us holding to it are lost, not saved, just deluding?

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul is JUST referrin to Christian here, correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.