1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism Is Not...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Not all of Abraham's descendants would be saved, but I think these verses definitely are speaking of salvation because salvation is of the Jews (John 4:22) because the Messiah comes from the Jews (or descendants of Abraham). And the Messiah/Christ is the firstborn of many brothers and sisters.

2. FERRON BRIMSTONE

FERRON BRIMSTONE New Member

Seems to me those verses re-enforce the Calvinist position, the unregenerate will not repent even if a ghost warns them. They are non-elect and nothing will cause them to repent.

#42 FERRON BRIMSTONE, Apr 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2008
  3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm not arguing for or against Calvinism. I am only going by what scripture says.

It wasn't because these people were not the elect that prevented them from repenting. It was because they had not believed God. Their hearts were hardened. They did not recognize their Messiah because of their unbelief of the scriptures. They sealed their own fate.

Paul speaks of this in Romans.

Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
    Rom 1:21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Hbr 11:6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him], for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

All those that have learned of the Father and believed that He is, will come to Christ.
    This is how God draws everyone.

4. PK

PK New Member

have you ever read it all the way through with the rest of the Bible?