1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinism Poll #2 = More options!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 12strings, Feb 28, 2012.

?
  1. I agree with all 5 points of the Calvinism TULIP

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. I agree with 4 points of calvinism, but not Limited Atonement

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. I believe the Bible teaches unconditional, individual election to salvation, but am not a calvinist.

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. I disagree with 4 points of calvinism, but agree with eternal security.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. I disagree with all 5 points of calvinism

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. I am still undecided on the election and irresistible grace issues.

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. 4 pt. cal, but think the limited atonement argument is mostly semantics on both sides

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. I disagree with the premise of this poll and refuse to chose and answer.

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The key is "persevering to the end". If one dies in one of these "many infirmities", according to the "p", this person was not saved.

2. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Maybe in some of the stickest Lordship advocates, but not according to the P. All those saved will persevere to the end because God preserves them. All power comes from God. It's the Arminian "P" that says that some won't persevere to the end and thus not be saved. Remember, the statement said, "Those thus saved God graciously preserves so they persevere until the end" It's God' that is preserving the saved and thus they persevere till the end.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I see nothing wrong with the usage of either "persevere" of "preserve". If God is in us, we will persevere because He is holding us up, especially in our times of turmoil. He will not have us tempted above that which we are able to bear, and even makes a way for our escape. We will also make it from here to glory because when He saved us, He put a seal upon us that even satan, that old sorry thing, can not break.......this seal is "satan proof", and he can't get inside of us anymore. So either way, those terms means close to the same thing. We will make it from here to glory by either "perseverence" or "preservation". Either one has God as our Protector.

4. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I agree with all five. As Steve said (Post 2), they all hang together. I would have to add (because it has been the cause of confusion in several prfevious threads) that "limited" does not mean "few". I used the illustration in a thread a few years ago that voting in the US presidential election is limited to US citizens, and there are more than 313 million of them!

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't it better expressed as "definite atonement"? & I also agree with Steve, it is about how the gospel doctrines hold together. If God planned from eternity to save one portion of the human race & not the other, then it is a contrition to say that He sent his Son to die for those He previously determined not to save in the same way that He sent his Son to die for those he had determined actually to save. This does not mean that the death of Christ has no benefit, we all know His blood can save all... but it it is specific to save those individuals whom the Father has given to Christ.