1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism... THE SEQUEL!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tragic_pizza, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

By (yet again) misrepresenting Reformed theology?

Thanks, but no.

2. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Yes, and I will continue to do so, as long as you guys keep misrepresenting it to me. :tongue3:

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So you're saying that people, like me, who are students of Reformed theology, are misrepresenting it?

Prove it. Prove I'm lying, or admit you are a liar and apologize.

4. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I don't believe I called you a liar, did I? I don't believe you (personally) misrepresent what you actually believe about it. But, you reformed theology folks (as a whole) have so many different angles and curves, it makes it difficult to narrow it down.

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

We folks are not misrepresenting our views, however little you want to understand of it. Theology, if approached correctly, cannot be a "narrowed" study. God is not a narrow Being, and the study of God is a vast undertaking.

You're calling not me, but an entire branch of Christianity, liars, then. Prove it, or admit you, yourself, are lying, and apologize.

6. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I haven't called anyone a liar, and I am not apologizing.

You are talking to someone who is trying to understand Reformed theology so I can decide whether I agree with it or not. I have not taken a side in the debate, I remain open minded, but you and your friends have failed to convince me. In fact, all you have managed to do is confuse me more and more with each discussion.

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Well, what, exactly, is it you;re needing to know?

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Where have I ever said this? Again you are making false accusations. I have said no such thing. I have said that you don't understand Calvinism. And there is no debate about that. That's not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of public record.

So why are you making stuff up about what I said?

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is still YOUR opinion, PL, not "public record". Of course you are going to say I don't know what I'm talking about. It makes you look superior. This conversation is fruitless and is doing nothing but angering me and stroking your ego.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is time to shut this thread down, as it is no longer about Calvinism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.