1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism -TULIP

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I respectfully disagree. As I understand reformed theology, what it terms as free will is no free will at all. ‘Freedom to do as one wills’ as is often stated, is no freedom at all. One can only do as one wills. Freedom must of necessity lie antecedent to the doing if it exists at all, in the choice and formation of intents. The will of man sustains to the doing the relationship of necessity. No freedom exists between the two in the least.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: It is obvious we need to address the issue I have raised on the thread entitled “The heart of Morality.” This is not to sound condescending, but I believe it will clear up the issues you raise in due time.

If God in actuality and honestly ‘restrains’ them from evil, in that God keeps them from the formation of evil intents, God destroys all accountability, both good or evil and no morality can be predicated of their actions period. If God is the cause, or the one responsible for the intents, God is the only moral agent involved.

Morality always involves praise or blame. If the one doing is not the one orchestrating the end, such a one is not morally accountable. Join us in the other thread to discuss this further.

The born again issue is a side issue not directly involved in the predicating of moral intents. Illustration: Adam was not ‘born again’ before the fall, yet was able to both act morally upright and evil in the fall.

I believe, (although I might be convinced otherwise at some point in time) that a lost man can in fact do something from a proper motivation, yet just the same, no amount of good a sinner can do will atone for the evil he has done. I know that some feel that a sinner can do nothing from proper motivation, yet I believe,at this time, that he can and often does, although again to no eternal gain. If one transgresses the law in one point, he is guilty of it all. No amount of good will ever make up or atone for one single sin that he has committed.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Having reached 30 pages or more, this thread will now be closed.
    Feel free to start another one if you so desire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.