1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinism/Why God Hates

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Evasion and Rabbit Trail !

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe it is called allowing the full counsel of Scripture interpret Scripture. You appear to get tunnel vision.

3. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm with you on the above, which must make me a 5 Pointer!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Point number one is most important to me. The reformed viewpoint best explains and protects the purity of the gospel. In fact, I did not even begin to have a good grasp on what the gospel was until after I came to understand reformed theology. Of course I was saved, but with only the dimest hint of gospel knowledge. Christianity goes off course when it does not keep the gospel message pure ( Gal 1:6-10) and does not keep the gospel message central.

#143 thatbrian, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Excellent post. I attempted to start a thread, hoping for some beneficial discussion, based on the following Scripture: This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. {1 Timothy 1:15} The discussion quickly deteriorated into a nonsensical wrangle between Ryan and SBM and I ask the moderator to close the thread.

I particular like your statement:
    I have been saying for years that TULIP does not present the whole of the Doctrines of Sovereign Election and Grace. TULIP was simply a response to the Five Remonstrances of the followers of Arminius. If my memory is correct Calvin and Arminius were both dead when this occurred.

TULIP does present some truths of the Doctrines of Sovereign Election and Grace. One problem I have with TULIP is the "I", Irresistible Grace. Some of those who espouse "free will" on this BB vehemently proclaim that God drags the Elect kicking and screaming to Salvation. But TULIP is a response to the Arminian Remonstrances which likely explains the use of the term Irresistible Grace..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.