1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by doug44, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Primitive Baptist

Primitive Baptist New Member

I don't know if the Bible teaches all but eight were eternally saved in Noah's generation. There were only eight souls saved by water (I Pet. 3:20), but I don't know about the eternal salvation of some of the others who didn't get on the arc. Surely there were some who weren't warned about the coming flood, and surely there are some who'll not be warned about the coming judgement of Jesus Christ. It's funny how some people would give the people in Noah's day a chance because they didn't hear, but when it comes to the Gospel, they preach the wholesale damnation of all who don't simply HEAR about what Jesus done.

2. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

It's funny because I would venture that a large percentage of Arminians don't believe that.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really have no idea of what Calvinists/Electionists believe, sir, and I mean no offense when I say that.
    When a person desires to believe and trust in Jesus Christ and acts on this desire, the desire did not come about as a result of his own volition, but because God quickened him, first, and then, gave him faith to put that desire where it should be - action. God is the author and finisher of the saints' faith !
    If one is among God's elect, then there is no way, no way at all, that he will not be brought to repentance, and no way at all that he will be lost !
    While it is true that men are called to repentance, by nature man is in opposition to God and unless God Himself draws man, the natural man will always oppose God !
    As for the pride you mentioned, examine properly which position is prideful:
    the position that it is God who draws the drawing, the saving, the gifting and enabling of faith, and ascribes nothing to man, or
    the position that man is capable in and of himself to come to God in repentance and that God does not have the right to choose for Himself whom He will bring into His kingdom out of a corrupted, fallen, condemned humanity.

4. doug44

doug44 New Member

i know what Calvinists believe. Unfortunately they are misguided in their doctrine. I've made my point enough times over, i'm not going to keep repeating myself.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, doug44, that Calvinists believe the same about your side. And I don't think that you stating your belief or Calvinists stating our belief makes it so. [​IMG]

Ken
    A Happy Calvinist :D :D :D :D

[ July 22, 2002, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Ken Hamilton ]

6. absturzen

absturzen New Member

From the posts, I have seen no evidence of that.

I went back through and these are the points I saw (Paraphrased).

1) Calvinism is bad theology...
    2)Believers are not saved by the luck of the draw....
    3)Calvinism implies we have no responsibility to tell the unsaved about salvation
    4)Calvinism is a kind of Grace pulls rabbits out of the hat
    5)We ALL have the free will to reject or accept salvation.
    6)We aren't robots
    7)why bother making any choices about anything?
    8)God gave us a choice
    9)Calvinism says that God forced His salvation upon us

Stevie

7. doug44

doug44 New Member

nice selective pickings stevie from my previous posts...hope youre bible translation isnt edited as poorly... it doesnt change the fact... that Calvanism is bad theology....