1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinist/Arminian Baptist Brethren Identify Yourselves!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Before God saved me I had many confused ideas as you do now...but without the Spirit indwelling you you CANNOT welcome the truth.

When Jesus saved me I did not have any biblical understanding.I did not know how to look up a bible verse. I did not know the basics. You need basic truth, you need to ask God to have mercy, like the Apostle Paul did...
    16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

You know nothing of the Spirit or salvation. Your hope is in a belief or thought. You have changed the truth of the Messiah into a lie. You have forsaken the clear teachings for those of a murderer who never spoke to Him. Most people like you explain away Christ's clear teaching as pre death. Therefore His teaching does not apply to you. It is a joke to hear people like you try to explain the messages to the seven churches in Asia. They clearly show the need for works. You may end up saved. But you are Currently in deep error. I sincerely hope you will take a hard look at Paul and how he changed the true message of salvation into a lie.

#82 Bob Hope, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, Peter and the early church seemed to recognize Paul's letters as Scripture. What else in the Bible is not Scripture? If Paul's letters are not God's Word, what else isn't?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Really read what It says about Paul. Does one really need to be learned to understand the gospel? And would Peter seriously have called Paul's letters scripture while he was alive? Not likely. What ever is true is of God. When we read the gospels we see a story of a man who claimed to be the Son of God. This story is confirmed by 4 gospels. It is also confirmed by the book, "The gospel of the holy twelve". The main points of the teachings of Christ are consistent. The teachings of Christ are the same found in Clementines Homilies, dictated by Peter to Clement.

Why would Christ come to earth and with the help of His disciples and apostles teach a truth for a few years. Then Christ is crucified for that truth. Comes back from the dead and tells His disciples to go into all the world teaching the exact thing He taught them. Then turn around a find an UNREPENTANT murderer, reveal Himself to him. And tell him a whole list of secret truths that the others did not know?

To answer your question...our faith is not unlike those that lived before the printing press. We are required to seek truth. To desire to know Him. If we seek it, He will be faithful to guide us into the truth. Even if we had Gods perfect written words it would not help us. For if we do not ask, if we are not guided by Him, we will be like the man who had his eye sight restored and saw men as trees. It wasn't until Christ opened his eyes that he saw clearly.

Our faith, our trust must be in God. Read the small passage in Peter about Paul. Take it out and you'll see it flows just as it should. Paul was hired by the Pharisees to alter the course of Christianity. He was never killed for Christ. Read about Maricon. Read about the agenda of Constantine and the cannon process he created. Study what the early church fathers taught. YouTube Rod C. Davis.

#84 Bob Hope, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Right, nowhere does it say they were saved by their works.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congregation, please open your laptops to 3 Youtube, chapter 87...Roflmao

Bob, you act like nobody here has ever read any of the pseudepigrapha or early Gnostic works, or never studied the Church history as pertains to Marcion or Constantine or the canonization process. I have one of your favorites, old 1 Enoch, on my kindle right now. That doesn't mean I believe it's scripture.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone denies Pauline authority and still allowed to be a member here? Wowzers!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm actually kind of happy that for the first time in the Cal/Arm forum, we seem to have all reached a consensus.

Laugh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

You first must be led by the Spirit to see truth. Your favorite apostle cant even get his conversion story straight.

10. Internet Theologian

...and many others here just deny it in differing ways. It's all the same in the end.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the 'dumb man liveth...' hiya Bob Hope...

12. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least get it right Bob

[​IMG]

13. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're still not getting it right Hob Bope...

14. Internet Theologian

That's the same standard as saying the Gospel accounts aren't true because there are some differing details, thus their witness is false.

Yes, you're that far off track and lack that much insight. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And is getting away with it!?!?!?

16. Internet Theologian

Go figure. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Looks like a collection of marble or maybe quartz?

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let's give him to VAN......lol
    Van ,Look at this twaddle

Maybe Benjamin will alert him to his debate fallacies?

#98 Iconoclast, Feb 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your soul is in peril my friend....
    You are in a bad place.....do you want help, or continue to mock the truth?

• Like Like x 1
  20. stevewm1963

stevewm1963 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello my friend! I would identify as a Calvinist for the most part..I was saved in a nondenominational church but attend a small baptist church!