1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinists & Arminian Together

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by evangelist6589, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I will be attending a Bible Conference at a local church in September. The speakers will be both CAL & Non CAL. The topics will be prophecy, signs of the times, Israel, and apologetics. Topics both groups can agree on. So you see WinMan and others, CAL & Non CAL can work together on certain topics, so Calvinists are not the dirty liars and false teachers some of you make us out to be.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Calvinists for the most part do not join hands together with Arminians with respect to the subjects of prophecy, signs of the times, Israel and apologics.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

This may sound cold, but who cares? I am not concerned about cooperating with Calvinists, or Mormons, or Catholics, or Jehovah's Witnesses. I am concerned about true doctrine.

You know, I don't simply say Calvinism is wrong, I SHOW why it is wrong. I show scripture that contradicts and refutes it constantly. You Calvinists ignore it, because you have no answer for it.

Are you trying to justify Calvinism? Because you can go to church with your wife who is not a Calvinist proves something? What does it prove?

You should not be so concerned with getting me to believe Calvinism, you can't even get your wife to believe it. And I don't blame her, she is right.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you trying to say Calvinists teach another gospel? Explain your comments.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord not all Calvinists are the same!

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman;.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Winman;.
    You know, I don't simply say Calvinism is wrong, I SHOW why it is wrong. I show scripture that contradicts and refutes it constantly. You Calvinists ignore it, because you have no answer for it.

Psalms 133 1: Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!... So brethren start the unity! Play nice!:smilewinkgrin:

#7 tyndale1946, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

If God doesn't extend His hand out and allow mankind to say "put'r there, it's a deal", then it's not true salvation. God needs sinners' help to save them. He can't do it alone. The One who spoke this world into existence, who made everything we see before our eyes, gave us physical life...He can do all this, yet can't save one sinner unless they let Him. That's sad. :tear:

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, we do NOT teach the same gospel. Do you teach that Jesus died for ALL men as non-Cals and Arminians do? Or do you teach that Jesus only died for some men (Limited Atonement)?

When Paul preached, he told sinners that Jesus died for OUR sins. A 5 point Calvinist can never tell anyone this, because you believe Jesus only died for the elect, and you do not know who the elect are. You do not even know if you are elect truth be told.

1 Cor 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
    2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

You will probably argue that Paul is speaking to Christians only here, and that is correct, but he did not know these persons were elect when he preached to them, yet he told them Jesus died for OUR sins.

So, Calvinists who believe in Limited Atonement DO NOT preach the same gospel as non-Cals and Arminians, we preach that Jesus died for ALL men.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YES -- yes it is. And I don't sit with those who think otherwise.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh God no...bust there are some wingnut Calvies out there.....thank God I'm associated with the Old School Baptists....THANK GOD!!!:godisgood:

12. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

13. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Like the oil on Aaron's beard, right? :smilewinkgrin:

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Are you saying that Calvinists are preaching another gospel by Galatians 1:8-9 standards and are going to hell and leading people to hell?

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It sits fine with me as it is merely a strawman representation of our beliefs. He knows this...he used to speak out against such juvenile debate. That is what happens when one starts adhering to your doctrine, intellectual dishonesty follows.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

His comments are self explanatory. You are now trolling.

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of your posts are puzzling. You speak in riddles. What are you trying to say in the above?

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Why dodge the question? Hmm......

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we argue and debate the intent of whom would be the saved due to the atonement, in house discussion, as BOTH affirm that death of that is a jesus for sins was required in order to have God justify the sinner!

Another Gospel would be one stating that the Cross not required to have God save a sinner, as they can keep the law well enough to merit that!

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He didn't dodge anything. You just don't like the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.