1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinists "got no soul"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by skypair, Feb 9, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Your body is your temple, right? Three parts -- outer court/flesh, holy place/spirit, Holy of holies/soul -- right?

Catholics, for the most part, spend their time in the outer court, the "flesh," working out their salvation through sacramental rituals, lighting votive candles, etc. We rarely see Catholics in the holy place of the "spirit" feeding on shewbread/word by the light of the menorah/Spirit, do we?

Calvinists and Reform-type Protestants spend lots of time in the holy place saving (actually, sanctifying) the spirit by feeding on scripture and offering incense (praise/confession) to God. But for them and the Catholics, it seems that the "secret councils of God" -- the Holy of holies -- is "off limits" - or maybe unknown. Jesus "tore the veil in twain" there but their leaders actually prevent them going in (as did the Pharisees, Mt 23)! How? "God is Sovereign, not you." Or you're not even allowed into the holy place where we, your priests discover the "oracles of God" for you. You certainly can't accesss the Holy of holies!

Your see, these above have have they taken the Sacrifice of Christ's blood into the mercy seat of their soul. That's right. To some extent they both believe that God will save His elect who serve in flesh and spirit without them disturbing Him in His Holy of holies -- without them acknowledging and putting Him on the throne/mercy seat of their lives. Know what? Most don't even know that the Holy of holies is where the "rebudded"/"reborn" rod of Arron is - where "regeneration" comes from.

Guys/gals, you have GOT TO CHOOSE to take the blood of Jesus before God and plead the blood over your soul unto justification before any of those spiritual and bodily activities can be any more than "filthy rags."

If you didn't know you had a soul or it is not in your theological-sotierological calculations, better restudy what you do and don't know about salvation.

skypair

#1 skypair, Feb 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2007
  2. Allan

Allan Active Member

Uh... is all I can say.

Sky, are you insinuating that Calvinists in general or specific are not saved. Without that blood taken by CHRIST (our Great High Priest and the only ONE allowed to present it) there is no salvation.

We can't get to the Holy Holies because we are not qualified to go there before salvation. We are not pure and perfect before God to sprinkle that precious atoning blood upon His mercy seat. He Jesus deos this on BEHALF of or for us that we AFTER salvation may approach God. You can't carry the dead bleeding body of Christ to that place for He has already walked Himself there and sat upon that blessed Seat of Mercy.
    Just as Israel had to come to offering of the atonement, they themselves could not go to offer it but Only the High Priest had that authority to do so.
    Neither can we offer up Christ for He was once and for all offered up. I think you got it somewhat mixed up.

#2 Allan, Feb 9, 2007
  3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Notice the lack of Scripture supporting this idea. And why is there no Scripture? Because there is no Scripture.

Seriously, how long will you guys keep posting your ideas with Scripture?

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even if I did believe that the Scriptures clearly teach that man is tripartite rather than bipartite, there is no indication that your analogy holds any water.

It appears you have developed a construct that suits your argument and then, with no supporting evidence, apply it to support your cause.

5. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

I was thinking this very thing about the poster of the OP. This is a perfect example of the reckless theological novelty I'm talking about with no respect for others or attempts to accurately depict their positions. Why should anyone take this seriously?

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The argument in the OP makes no sense.

????

:confused:

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

did i miss something, theres no scripture in the op to support his opinions, why? becasue there is none.
    stick with scripture guy.

8. skypair

skypair Active Member

So nobody...

...acknowledges that our bodies are the temple of God? This is an OP to get you guys thinking about your salvation. Will you be saved just because your body has done all the right things and your spirit has been "in touch" with the Word? I think all will agree there's more to salvation than the outer court and the holy place.

Incidentallly, if you guys want to think this through anymore -- I suppose that the menorah is the Spirit, right? Could be the 7 churches revelation or 7 spirits fed by 2 olive trees. Anyway, indicating the mind. Then the censer - the emotions; the 12 loaf shewbread the will (Judah to kingdom, Levi to priesthood, etal.). Or you might have your own ideas as to symbology. Is the Spirit speaking to you like He was to me last night (and no, I didn't have pizza just before, thank you. :laugh:)?

Allan -- I left out the point that the temple and the priests DO have to be cleansed by the blood of the red heifer before they can take the sacrificial blood into the Holy of holies. Of course, the red heifer references our own dead bodies burned outside the city, right?

skypair

#8 skypair, Feb 9, 2007
  9. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

10. skypair

skypair Active Member

Hey all,

Sorry I got "personal" with my labels.

Still, the temple construct I offered appears to have some merit.

Sorry some can't see it. Still I, with Paul, pray "...the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1Thes 5:23

Thanks for your feedback, all.

skypair

11. PastorBrad

PastorBrad New Member

I am sorry your description if the temple has no merit behind it all. If so would you please cite where the merit is and the biblical texts to support this interpretation?

12. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's because skypair's theology has no sense.
    I don't pay much attention to what he says,.