1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CALVINISTS, please answer this question.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Skandelon, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

You'd be wrong, Paul is not the Judge! Those are Paul's words of instruction to believers, Not God's words to me!

It is how you use them that is insulting!

2. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Brother James,

You said, '"Suffer not the children to come unto Me, for of such is the kingdom of God." [/quote]

Matthew 19:14,Mark 10:14, and Luke 18:16 says, 'Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto Me, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.' The Luke passage says in the next verse, 'Verily I say to you, Whosoever shall not receive the Kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.'

Children like sinners have to learn to be accessible, teachable, trusting and dependant. As a result they become pure in heart. [Matthew 5:8] In all of these qualities the Holy Spirit helps lost souls.

I do not find anything in these texts that indicate that Jesus excluded any children; all were welcomed. Here's your sign! [​IMG]

3. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi RC;
    Really! I bet I can find a bunch;
    #1.
    Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
    #2.
    Eze 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
    Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
    #3.
    Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
    #4.
    Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
    #5.
    Hos 14:2 Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.
    #6.
    Dan 9:13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

No one seeks the Lord Huh! what about Jeremiah?
    Jer 31:18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God.
    Jer 31:19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
    Joshua made a choice;
    Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

You really should be paying close attention when your doing all that reading of scripture. Pay particular attention to this next passage.
    Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
    Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called a house of prayer for all people.

Christ personally invited all who are heavy laden with sin to come to Him.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

How many of these can you refute? RC; Let me know when you're done with these because I have a whole bible full of them.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

What? By applying them to you? It says 'all' have turned away. Do you think I am not included in that 'all'? Are you still insulted? Tough.

So you admit to not being a believer? Regardless, those are God's words to all men.

johnp.

5. rc

rc New Member

It's nice when you just read the English and think you know what the authur intended. But then you become an adult and understand God didn't choose English to write His word.. ALL of those verse are in the IMPERATIVE!! Didn't you read my post? Don't you understand 4th grade grammer? Boy did you waste your time! Pay attention to what the question is before you start answering... I highly doubt you have an electronic greek/hebrew mood/tense complex search engine like Bibleworks else you could easily see these are all imperative. And if you don't know the differance read an earlier post of mine or grab a 4th grade grammer book.

I was completely wrong on Rev. 22 my bad ... My mind was stuck on Rev 3. Rev. 22 is the same as above... imperative ! imperative ! imperative! Means absolutely nothing...
    No man (that includes children) seeks after God, NO NOT ONE!. ...

Stop trying to add to scripture or change it, or make it a LIAR ! How hard is it to understand this verse?

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

What? By applying them to you? It says 'all' have turned away. Do you think I am not included in that 'all'? Are you still insulted? Tough.

So you admit to not being a believer? Regardless, those are God's words to all men.

johnp.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You use those scriptures in an accusatory manner, ascribing them to me. You are being judgmental towards me, accusing me of being something that you cannot possibly know about me through this cyber media! You deliberately attempt to insult me by the way you used them.

7. rc

rc New Member

Hey John!

That's me ! ... that's you to isn't it? Oh the pride of man! Ithank God every day that it is Him living in me and did not leave me in that horrible God hating state! Praise God for His mercey!

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Are you implying that God is not living in me, simply because I disagree with you?

Get real!

9. rc

rc New Member

No, You just fell into a trap John set for you. From the mouth (type) flow the issues of the heart.

10. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

Yes? Do you mean only ascribing them to you? I was only talking to you. :cool:

A truly marvellous gift this 'cyber media'. I bet old Jonah would have liked a discussion forum to go to. Ninevah on-line.

Yes I am. Yes I can know you. I am aware of everyman's true condition. Who told you that there was anything good in you? Can I guess?

johnp.

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hey rc!

I know. :cool:

I would rather be aware of this knowledge about myself than have a choice of any other gift to go along with my salvation. It is a rare jewel.
    I would rather be aware of this knowledge about everyone else than have a choice of any other gift to go along with my salvation. It is a rare jewel.

Thank God we are sinners 'a'?

johnp.

12. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

13. rc

rc New Member

I hope you are crying out in love Wes...

14. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

No, I am Declaring that it is God in response to Johnp's comment "Who told you that there was anything good in you? Can I guess?"

I don't want Johnp, guessing about my sources, cause he'd get it wrong anyway!

15. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

Ah! God! God told you that? What god? Your god resides in the dark place from where you aquire you diabolical beliefs. You say as you hear your father saying. I don't need guesswork you flipping said it. You was given the chance to correct your lies but you have forsaken that have you? Give you another chance to correct the opinion I have of you.

Your friend, ILUVLIGHT, have you not noticed that he has been running diversion for you? What's your name?

Defend yourself against my charge of being a fool. You fool. It is not right for me to hold such a conviction of your status unless I'm right. Correct the situation if I'm wrong. You are in defiance of the word of God, my God not your god.

I said that. I said that because God told me to tell you, "ROM 3:10 ..."There is no one righteous, not even one; RO 3:11 there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. RO 3:12 All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."
    RO 3:13 "Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit." "The poison of vipers is on their lips."
    RO 3:14 "Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."
    RO 3:15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood;
    RO 3:16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
    RO 3:17 and the way of peace they do not know."
    RO 3:18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."
    God says that is you. That's Romans 8:7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. And that is the gospel.

I don't need to guess who told you, the same one who told Eve that she would not surely die. He is the one that told you. Unless you get ideas above your station, you should know that he is not at your beck and call. You are at his. Notice the small 'h'.

I most certainly do and go further. You have not been forgiven. The lies you pass on are the lies you have been persuaded with. You are dead meat.
    Your only hope is in Christ. But you only need to believe. I need Christ to believe. That is faith not the stinking filth you propose.

You are swallowed whole. God will spit out your bones if you do not recant.

Too right I do. You are still a servant in our house but you get ideas above your station. I am a Son of God and I tell you! Stick that where it belongs because you are not of us. I do not pray for you anymore.

Recant or I will see you at the judgement on differing sides. I will be there as a judge.

johnp.

16. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Go back to Romans 3 and begin at verse 1! You will find out exactly who Paul is speaking about!

Like you I am a SON OF GOD! Thanks for the Judgment Call my brother! You will never judge me! Not any time in eternity will you be my judge except right here on this BBS and you do so here ignorantly!

17. johnp.

johnp. New Member

why don't you respond to the crap you gave ealier? about you talking to ther fallen angels?

why not?

johnp.

18. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

It is you who accuse me of talking to "fallen angels".

I simply said when the spirits visit me that I ask them "who do you say Jesus is". If I do not get the biblical answer from them I ignore them completely. So you see I do not carry on friendly chats with them! And Yes, I Pray to the Father whom Jesus tells us "is spirit", I respond to the Holy Spirit's council, in accordance with what scripture tells us to do!

Why don't you?

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

One more thing about judgment, You will not be at my judgment except as an accuser, and we all know who the accuser is!

20. johnp.

johnp. New Member

It's like shooting whales in a barrel ain't it. You take all the fun away.
    Who said I would be your judge you liar?

Who is the accuser? You know him as your father no?

johnp.