1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Campaign/Fund Raising and Taxpayers Footing the Bill?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 12, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a question I have every time the POTUS is up for re-election, and I thought it was time to ask. And no, I am not complaining about Obama. This happens every four years, and the sitting POTUS seems to get a free pass at our expense.

Simply put: Is it right for the citizens of this nation to pay for the use of equipment [like Air Force One] made available to the POTUS to conduct businessfor the people?

It seems to me that if a POTUS is going to fly around the nation to raise money, give campaign speeches, etc., that the party from which they are from should reimburse/foot the bill for the cost of fuel, secret service protection, the use of Air Force One, the bulletproof car, and all the other fringe benefits of the office they hold.

In some ways, the sitting POTUS has a tremendous advantage by having all these resources available, while the candidate must pay for their own travel, etc.

So, what do you think?