1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

can A Chrsitian Attain Sinless perfection before they Die?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Jan 30, 2012.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That isn't answering the question.

2. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

Don't understand at all where you're going with this.

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

What are the assumptions of this question?

4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought the Scriptures says that the Word of God is able to separate the soul and spirit.

And, I thought Scriptures say we are given new bodies when we are in heaven, and here you say that the old flesh cannot be separated.

5. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just showed where your thinking that God would never use one who committed atrocities or the use of atrocities is not correct.

I gave two examples.

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

What Rapture? Where did you get that from?

7. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think it is always the case that it is self-focused and disregarding the people left behind.

Even the Lord mentioned that a good person would hardly lay down his life for a friend.

Besides, who actually holds the key to life?

Can anyone take their own or someone else's life if Christ really has the power over life?

8. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

No, you misunderstood me. I was speculating that someone like Comrade Duch could avoid excessive sorrow regarding the atrocities he committed and possibly suicide by realizing that God is ultimately in control and God is the one who allowed it all to happen. Have no idea if he went through that reasoning himself - may have just been given the gospel and the promise of the forgiveness of sin.

9. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

I don't try to justify the rapture. Maybe there is no rapture. I sort of think there is though. Tell everyone there isn't a Rapture, I don't care. We'll see how that works out for you.

10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark I'm sorry you do not seem to have any assurance in your walk with Christ. Don't you believe that when sin abounds Grace abounds much more?
    Don't you sin? I've never met one soul who could live more than one day with out sinning. And by the way what makes you think I'm so terribly sinful. Was it because I was honest? You know you're not fooling anyone here, You are just as sinful as the rest of us.
    MB

11. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

There is nobody here as sinful as me.

Or is that a boast. But then my boasting would also be sinful.

So, now I have added sin upon sin.

I am as Paul said - a wretched man.

My bride calls me pitiful and pathetic. :)

12. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Actually, the Bible interpretes itself!

saved person new nature will lead them to obey and please God, but the flesh tries to stop that...

The saved has a choice to make...

pick submiting to his flesh, commits sins, submits to HS, good fruit!

Genuine one can sin awhile, even get caught up in it, but will eventually repent/confess and have fellowship restored, as their real nature NOT to stay in sin!

13. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Sinless perfection in the fullest since, that can and will be tempted by sin , but NEVER submit to it and actually commit the sin!

I DO NOT hold to that has being even a possibility, butsome have postedthey do!

14. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

In absolute honesty, I never gave your personal sin level a moment's thought - so maybe its you who thinks you're terribly sinful.

I never said I considered I was righteous enough to know with certainty I would be leaving in the Rapture, either. The Rapture isn't the same as eternal salvation. Don't know how anyone could claim there are only Jews in revelation after Chapter 4.

There is a tipping point for sin. God tells one of the Churches that IF you don't repent you will be cast into great suffering. So therefore, they had already sinned a lot - if they repented they wouldn't have to face the penalty. If they kept on they would (whatever that penalty was).

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: No doubt He calls all of us that and it deserving.
    MB

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is because I cannot believe you are serious.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Are you saying that you practice sin?

18. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

the rapture will be the time when the Lord jesus calls/summons his own unto Himself...

Who will be going?
    Those sealed in/by the Holy Spirit of promise, THAT by itself confirms that we will ALL in the rapture, as the seal of the HS on ALL believers confirm us as His own/marked and set apart as his own!

the Cross atoned for ALL saints sins, so nothing will be hindering our"launching"

Now IF we are found to be in "less than desirable state" as in unconfessed sin, not walking as we should be, than Bhema seat of Christ handles that, after the Rapture!

19. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

OK, suppose (for you reformers here) that a person is born "predestined" to be saved, but he has not yet come to the Lord by the time of the rapture?

Does he go to heaven because he is "predestined"?

Or does he go to Hell because he has not been saved yet?

John

20. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

I'll give it some thought DaChaser. I like your attitude anyway. I like everyone here actually. But the threat of retribution for our sins, here on earth, is found throughout the New Testament Epistles. I've listed several passages in this thread. And what is the ultimate earthly retribution: I would submit it is to be left behind and subject to the System of the Beast, an alien power. Just as the Children of Israel were warned in the O.T. of impending retribution and subjugation to an alien power, so the Church is as as well.