1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can a church avoid theology but only teach the Bible?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Mar 15, 2014.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I have a few of Mac's N.T. commentaries and a couple of his books in my library. I also have a couple of Comfort's books. But, I don't directly mention these two men in my sermons nor in my Sunday School class that I teach. I didn't know that was a requirement for having theologically sound preaching and teaching. Evangelist, where in the world do you come up with some of the things you post is beyond me.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When did I say it was? But the issues they both address are crucial and these are Lordship Salvation and using the LAW in evangelism and a way to convict sinners.

This is what I said

The subject was controversial issues and theology and Lordship salvation and using the LAW in evangelism are because most of the professing church does not believe these things! This makes the issues controversial.

Other authors besides Mac and Comfort have addressed these issues at earlier times.

#42 evangelist6589, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The law convicts. One must recognize he is lost before he can be saved.
    The issue of Lordship Salvation may or may not be important depending on where you live. I have no need to preach on a specific issue such as "Lordship Salvation" where I am because there is no one here to make an issue about it. There is no controversy. Why start one?
    Salvation is as simple as the Bible tells it. Don't make it difficult.

You should clarify yourself. This has been ambiguous ever since the OP. How can theology be controversial, and how can a church or pastor ignore it. Pastors may have different ways of getting their message across but theology (the study of God) is rarely forsaken. How can it be? What then do they teach? Politics?
    Paul told Timothy to "Preach the Word." That is all that is necessary.