1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a Dead Body Sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Where in the world did you get the idea that I "teach and preach that a Christian can do all these filthy things of Satan"?

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I was responding to this:
    Why does the righteousness of faith, not include living a life before God of not lending your members to commit adultery, etc.

BBob,

#22 Brother Bob, Jul 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Yet once again I am reminded of that verse in Revelations, “there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.”

We are told by Steaver on another thread “Believers DO walk after the Spirit.” Cannot some see the absolute flip flopping on the issues some do when it lends itself to convenience?

What do believers do? Do they walk after the Spirit or after the flesh? Are they righteous or are they sinners and that continually? Can one commit unrighteousness and yet be counted as righteous? What does the Word of God tell us? 1Jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Some would have us to interpret that verse as saying, “It is impossible for any man to do righteously. They sin every day in thought word and deed. Just the same, the believer walks after the Spirit.”

Oh the tangled web of theology some weave.

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And some say believers do not do unrighteousness. I am a believer and I know I do wrong.

However, I have :jesus:

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So what are you saying HP? Believers DO walk after the flesh? Believers DON"T walk after the Spirit?

:praying:

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wasn't both Abraham and David adulterers yet reported as having great favor with God for their faith?

Just not sure where you are coming from. Are you saying true believers cannot sin? Do you mean just born-again Christians and not those believers pre-regeneration?

God Bless!

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Believers walk not after the flesh when they are obedient to God. When they are disobedient to that which they know to do, they are not walking after the Spirit. It is my belief that Scripture does not allow for one to be in possession of a certain hope of eternal life while walking contrary to the Spirit. Deception is real and is a threat to every one that takes the name of Christ. We are to walk in obedience. 1Jo 1:7 BUT IF we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

To presume upon the grace of God while walking after the flesh in known disobedience is the height, the very pinnacle, of deception.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

They did not have the "indwelling of the Holy Spirit".
    So often, people on here use King David as an example. If King David was a good example, then there would of been no need for the coming of Christ. We not only have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, but Jesus said if we open the door to our heart that Him and the Father will come in.

If we are going to use King David, then we should go back to stoning people to death for adultery. Do you know why the people were stoned to death for adultery and the King was not??

I do wrong, I sin, but I do not commit the sins that I did before Jesus came in my life. If the saved are no different than the world, then Jesus died in vain. There is more to being a Christian than saying "I believe". Jesus said, if you love me, "you will keep my commandments".

I do believe in keep the Ten Commandments. I do not believe a man can be with his neighbor's wife and be saved at the same time.

I believe that Christians are "Christ like". We error, but we are chastised, so as not to be condemned with the world. Jesus said there is a sin that is not unto death, that is what I am guilty of. Jesus said there is a sin unto death. He also said, if we sin willing, we shall not inherit the Kingdom.

I believe in we are kept by the "power" of God, ready to be revealed in the last time.

I advise people to make it as sure as you can, you will only pass this way but once.

BBob,

#28 Brother Bob, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  9. Heavenly Pilgrim

In a further response to Steaver, I would make this comment. God has simply not so designed the assurance of ones eternal salvation to be irrevocable or fixed when walking in open disobedience and rebellion against a known commandment of God. To believe otherwise is to entertain deception.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It seems to me you are saying that being born of God means you cannot commit sins unto death. It will never happen, it is impossible.

God Bless!

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hbr 6:6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

God help them.

BBob,

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So a born of God believer can commit a sin unto death and if the believer commits a sin unto death (fall away) they must go to hell, for it is impossible to renew them again (vs 4)? God can't help them, correct?

God Bless!

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I gave you scripture which says to renew them unto repentance again is impossible.

How do you read the scripture?? And the following one?

Hbr 10:26¶For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

How many doses of the blood of Christ do we deserve or get.

Of course, was he "born of God" when he committed this deadly sin, or was he just a wolve in sheep's clothing??

BBob,

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I understand you did. I do not know you very well and I was reading your post and had some questions that I might understand your views better.

I got the impression from some of your post that you are saying that those born of God CANNOT sin unto death (ie; the ten commandments). That this is an impossibility and if someone who claims to be born-again does do these sins then they are not really truly born-again.

Then you posted Hebrews 6 as an answer to my question, which leaves me to believe that you do believe a born of God person can commit a sin unto death.

So first I want to know, do you believe a truly born of God person can break these commandments?

If No, then Hebrews 6 matters not. If Yes, then you believe one slip and the born of God believer is burning in hell forever?

God Bless!

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I don't believe a truly born of God person can fall, and to break the commandments, would be to fall. I believe Hebrews 6 is just telling us really that it is impossible for God Children to fall.

I do not believe a person who has Christ inside of him, can commit these sins unto death. Just using one of the Commandments, how could a saved person commit adultery with his neighbor, while Jesus was on the inside of him. How could someone led by the Spirit of God commit such actions?

Please don't come back at me and say that I said a christian cannot sin, for that is not what I am saying at all, for there is a sin, not unto death.

BBob,

#36 Brother Bob, Jul 11, 2008
  17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks for clarifying :thumbs:

I will not say you said anything you have not.

When I was ten I was listening to a Billy Graham special that my dad was watching on TV. That night I prayed to God for Jesus to come into my life and save me. I believe He did and experienced the Spirit leading me, teaching me, throughout my life from that point forward. I always obeyed the commandment of doing unto others as I would have them do unto me. I loved God and loved even my enemies.

At age 23 I committed adultery. This brought much greif into my life and I paid dearly emotionally. I have sinced asked for God's forgiveness and acknowledged my sin before Him with much sorrow for what I had done.

For the past ten years now I have drawn very close to the scriptures and can say that the more I learn the more I love Jesus. I have seen many wonderful works of the Holy Spirit in my life.

What would be your counsel to me in light of your view? I was never born-again at age ten? If I wasn't, then when? How do i know when regeneration has happened?

As far as I know the Spirit of Christ has been working in me for 34 years now, even when He pleaded with me not to commit adultery and I resisted His counsel and gave in to my lust.

God Bless :praying:

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Let me ask you a question. I once was ten years old myself. I remember very well, it was my first bicycle time and probably in the 4th grade. I then never thought of serving the Lord, I was to busy being a Kid. There came a time in my life, much older I became afraid of dying and going to a world of the lost, so I began seeking Jesus in my life. At the age of 10, I did not know the responsibility of serving God. I do not believe the law had ever entered me at that time and do not believe I was responsibile for whatever wrongs I might of done.

There have been so many, mostly at the guidance of parents who were baptized at a young age, to find out later that they really didn't know what they were getting in to.

I personally do not baptize at age 10, I have agreed to a couple at the age of 12 but they did not last. I believe we have to be like Apostle Paul, we have to come to know God and glorify Him not as God, then our wrongs are sin and held against us.

I personally do not believe you were out of the grace of God at that age and if you had of died, I believe you would of went to Heaven anyway. That is just me.

Let me put it this way, If satan could get one of God's children, of which He said "Father I have lost none, saving the son of perdition" which was a devil from the beginning. If satan could get one, he would get us all. I believe God is stronger than satan and when he said my Grace is suffecient for thee, and for your temptation I will make a way for your escape. I believe He will.

No, personally I believe you were trying in the flesh at the age of 10, probably to please your parents or friends more than God.

You ask me, so I told you how I believe. Let me ask you this, did you get baptized when you were older?

Let me end with this. I can judge no man, it belongs to God and I will not judge whether you were saved or not at 10, I just give what I believe. Every man will stand before God for his self and not another. Your salvation is between you and the Lord and if you are willing to die on it, then how much more surer could you make it.

I am willing to die on what I believe and if I am wrong, the Lord will tell me face to face. God Bless,

BBob,

#38 Brother Bob, Jul 11, 2008
  19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It was between me and God. I told no one nor felt I was suppose to tell someone nor was I afraid to tell someone. I simply trusted in Jesus.

I was baptized in water at the age of 33 after I had been reading scripture and learning so much more about God and His ways.

With all due respect, this is very poor counsel. I am a believer asking counsel from one who has been placed in care of God's flock. You basically are telling me to just take a chance on what I believe and hope for the best. Can't a professing believer know for sure if he is going to escape hellfire?

The Spirit has always been with me since age ten. I cannot ever remember a time when He was not. If this is not regeneration then tell me how I can know what regeneration is that i can pinpoint a place in time that I surely received the Holy Spirit. Shouldn't i know? Can I know?

Counsel please! :praying:

God Bless!

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Why were you baptized at age 33, if you were so confident of age 10?

This is false. You said
    Seems to me you have your doubts. If you are asking me or anyone to tell you for sure you are saved, I would never attempt that.

As I councel, make it as sure as you can, you will only pass this way but once.

I know, I will never commit adultery. Do you know that now after the new baptism??

I have known many who say they know beyond any shadow of a doubt, but when questioned they will eventually say, that from time to time they doubt themselves. There goes your absolute knowledge out the window.

Rom 8:24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Rom 8:25But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it].

Do you have patience.

I think you have things turned around. Your knowledge does not come from another person, it comes from God. It is silly for you to ask another if "you are saved".

Rom 8:16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Have you tried asking the Spirit of God, through prayer?

Rom 14:4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

It is not mine to give, it is not mine to take away.

You may find some on here or elsewhere who will tell you they "know" you are saved, but not me.

Some will say: Repeat after me! Then they will tell you that you are saved, but not me.

Some will say; Do you believe, if you say yes, they will say, now you are saved, but not me.

I may be the most honest man you will find, and you not know it.

BBob,

#40 Brother Bob, Jul 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.