1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a false prophet not say the sentence that Jesus came into the flesh?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Aug 31, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I'm not sure I understand what the bible means with this here:

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Does this mean that any false teacher is not even capable of saying those words? What would happen if you ask them to repeat those words? Would they start to stutter or what would happen? If this really was the case then spotting false prophets would be totally easy.
    I wonder does Benny Hinn never say that Jesus came into the flesh? Does he never ever say this sentence? :confused:
    But he says Jesus is the Son of God, right? Does this not include all of these things?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The pope says those words pretty well...

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Really??

Then what is the sense of this? If everybody can proclaim it and still be a false prophet then where's the sense of it?

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't say that they can't confess it, as in can't literally form the words.

John says that there are many deceivers who won't confess it, as in professing a false "truth" that excludes Jesus' divinity and/or His humanity.

He is giving a warning to watch out for people who claim to teach the "truth", but deny the character of the biblical Jesus. Many, many people believe lies....even today.

And it's because they don't have enough background knowledge of the Jesus of the bible to know the difference.

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Read the context and you should be able to understand it.
    2 John 1:7-11 explains itself.

6. Link

Link New Member

A false teacher is a human, right? Not a demonic spirit. I don't see where he has teachers or even prophets, per se, in mind, but the Spirit by which they speak.

One thing I wonder about this verse is that there were demons calling Jesus the Holy One of God while He was going around in the flesh. Of course they didn't say He is came in the flesh in those passages.