1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can A "good" Muslim be a good American?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Apr 24, 2007.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw this at the following website under --- "When World III Started" --- www.patcorrao.com

It is very interesting indeed.

So can a "good" Muslim be a good American?

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.
    Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
    Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).
    Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
    Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.
    Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.
    Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
    Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
    Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression.
    Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.
    Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian’s God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran’s 99 excellent names.
    ====================================
    ....perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in America. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish....it’s still the truth.

2. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

"Good" Muslim

I submit that there is no such thing as a good muslim.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think by "good" muslim, "loyal" to the religion is what is meant.

A loyal, true muslim wants all of us dead. That's fact whether they tell that to you or not. If they are loyal, the Q'ran teaches either conversion or death to infidels...Christians.

#3 webdog, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2007
  4. bound

bound New Member

Two of the 99 names of Allah in the Qu'ran is 'The Merciful, The Compassionate' and this word 'Compassionate' is very similar to our notion of God as Love.

Now don't take me the wrong way, I am very critical of Islam but I am familar with their Qu'ran and their notion of Allah and He's not a moon god no more that Gott or God is the chief god of the germanic pantheon. I'm supportive of rational criticism of Islam but I fear that a great deal of this is rhetorical posturing on our part.

I would encourage us to be more objective in our criticism. :tonofbricks:

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

First you have to define 'good Muslim' and 'good American'. Then perhaps we can debate with some clarity.

6. gekko

gekko New Member

haha. i like how you put quotations for "'good' muslim" and not good american. lol.

little self centered and patriotic are we? :p

no person is good. whether he be american, canadian or muslim.

can a muslim be an american? sure. if he's able to have dual citizenship.

an american can be part of the islamic religion -- yes. and therefore can be considered a muslim.
    an arabic can be part of the christian faith - yes.
    an arabic can be a muslim - yes.

islam is the religion. muslim is the people.

muslim is a person who is adherent to the islamic religion
    islam is the religion itself.

just like christianity - there are different sects or denomonations within islam. i don't know what they're called though. heh.

i know muslims that aren't radical - and read the q'uran and all that. but don't agree with killing everybody off. they interpret their scripture differently. however they may do that i don't know.

and we all know muslims that Are radical and go suicide on us.

perhaps we should be suspicious of americans too... ya never know who's into the islamic religion.

7. bound

bound New Member

Al-Islam is the broader 'faith', Islam is the religion as expressed particularly by the 'Prophet' Muhammad. A Mu'min is an individual of faith (deed) and a Muslim is a 'submitter to Allah (God)'. Muslims believe Abraham to be a Muslim in the Mu'min sense and a practitioner of Islam in the Al-Islamic sense.

The three major divisions are Sunnah, Shiite and Sufi.

They could be nominal Muslim, of a quietist sect (shiite or Sufic) and/or read their Scriptures with an Allegorical interpretation (i.e. non-literal exegesis).

8. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Oh I get it.........it's a joke right? Like Good Muslim, Easter bunny and Santa Claus.

9. gekko

gekko New Member

oh i get it... it's a joke right? Like Good American, Easter bunny and Santa Claus.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What do you have against America? There are plenty "good" (loyal) Americans.

11. gekko

gekko New Member

what do you have against the Nation of Muslims? There are plenty of "good" (loyal) Muslims.

i don't have anything against americans.
    i don't have anything against muslims.

it all depends on your point of view.

i don't agree with the islamic faith and the radicals that are associated with it.

i guess what i'm saying is this.
    this discussion is very biased. it's a single sided phone call if you don't have both sides of the coin.

an american can be a muslim.
    a muslim is a person adherent to islam.

you are insinuating that americans can't be muslims. it seems that way anyways.
    and i'm just disagreeing with you.

12. amity

amity New Member

I submit that this thread is not edifying to the body of Christ.

13. gekko

gekko New Member

all depends on your point of view.

14. amity

amity New Member

It is utterly ridiculous to make such broad assertions about Muslims without an ounce of evident knowledge of the subject. Those verses supposedly out of the Koran do not exist, I don't doubt. The citations are not right. They need to include a sura as well as as verse.

Hatred is never edifying to the body of Christ,and with no substance to it that is all this thread amounts to. It should be closed.

I could make much stronger argument that Christians cannot be good Americans.

#14 amity, Apr 24, 2007
  15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you believe this, you have no idea what's insided the Q'ran. If they follow true Islam, they either want you or I to convert...or die. That's it. If loyalty lies between country (USA) and the teachings of the Q'ran, the Q'ran wins, meaning their loyalty is not with America. Therefore, a good, loyal muslim CANNOT be a good, loyal American.

#15 webdog, Apr 24, 2007
  16. amity

amity New Member

Webdoggie, I do sincerely HOPE that if our choice is between loyalty to our country (USA) and loyalty to the teachings of the Bible, that the BIBLE will win. Does that make us disloyal Americans? Our main citizenship is in a Holy City above, not to any country on earth.

Moreover, we are not manifesting much study of the Koran or understanding of Islam in this thread.

#16 amity, Apr 24, 2007
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What exactly are you looking for?
    The OP contained references (surahs) that you can look up. If you question the information provided, look it up in the reference provided, lest you be found falsely accusing someone.

18. gekko

gekko New Member

i'm more loyal to Israel than i am to Canada or the US (i am from canada)

in fact i'm not patriotic at all. i don't even know the words to our anthem. don't know the words to the US anthem.

does that mean i'm an enemy of the USA? no. just means i'm not patriotic.

i know muslim americans who are patriotic. they just like the islamic faith. but they're not radical - and they don't wish any harm on the USA.

why always refer to "true" muslims? there are three different types of "true" muslims like it was stated previously by someone else.

some are radical - some are conservative. some interpret the quran differently.

so you can't go stereotyping muslims.

you do that and i'll start a whole new thread on stereotypical americans included with videos and the sorts. believe me i have 'em.

but i wont. because i don't believe in stereotyping anybody.

19. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I'm from America

Oh Canada, our home and native land, true patriot love, in all out hearts command...

That's just off the top of my head. I do know more, but I'll spare ya the pain of hearing me sing. :laugh:

20. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Uh-oh gekko, your in for it now. There's no such thing as a stereotypical American just as there is no such thing as a hypocritical "good" Christian. [​IMG]

Can a good muslim be a good American? Yes, afterall our nation was founded on the basis of freedom of religion. Too bad some americans believe that only means Christianity......

#20 Filmproducer, Apr 24, 2007