1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can a non-Calvinist explain the doctrine Irresistable Grace to me?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jcjordan, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

Joyce,

You really are [personal attack snipped] . . study a bit more will you?

#81 IFB Mole, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  2. jcjordan

jcjordan New Member

[offensive quotation snipped]

Joyce, please note that the above statement was said by a non-calvinist.

#82 jcjordan, Sep 25, 2008
  3. Hawkins

Hawkins New Member

I think that everyone's called to the Wedding hosted by our Lord God, not everyone will answer the called. Even those answered the call but not with the correct suit worn (correct kind of Faith, not just the 'O Lord, O Lord' by mouth) will not be welcome.

However, I think that God reserve the right to call His friends (chosen ones such as Paul) irresistably.

All in all, everyone has an irresistable choice to make, God the Holy Spirit may lead him in making one choice, the devil may lead the other opposite choice. Everyone is pre-destined to make choices which are possibly under the influences from both sides.

We are pre-destined to have a choice to make.

My 2 cents.

4. joyce

joyce New Member

Can a non-Calvinist explain the doctrine Irresistable Grace to me

JC Jordan and IFB Mole: A fool and silly am I, wow, that sounds like one Christian showing another Christian brotherly/sisterly love now doesn't it? For both of your information, I have a BA degree and an AA degree and choose not to use big words to impress people with; but choose to try and speak so that others will understand what I'm talking about.

IFB Mole, Dr. Peter S. Ruckman has probably forgotten more than you will ever know about the Bible and about everything else; but, let's not talk about people behind their backs shall we? I'm already beginning to regret joining this board, as I thought it has Christians on it, I thought it was a Baptist board, apparently I was wrong.

Hawkins: I like the way you put that.

Goodbye everyone, I like my inner peace too much to stay on this board any longer
    Joyce

5. skypair

skypair Active Member

Hi Hawkins from Hong Kong! :wavey: Welcome to BB!

Good point citing Mt 22 ... BUT those called to the postrib wedding supper are the OT saints -- those chosen as the bride are the church. And the one without the wedding garment -- AC.

Yeah, if I understood the kingdom parables as you do, I would be so inclined as well. But you can see in the parable that God destroyed the city of those who were invited/bidden. That's NOT the church, is it. And when God sends His "servants" (Israel) back out to bid other of all nations, it will still be Israel and they still won't be the bride/chosen. This portion of the parablle describes the tribulation.

It's not an "irresistible" choice either way. But in the tribulation, as Luke's account of the wedding supper has it, all will be "COMPELLED" to choose -- to "come in" on one side or the other. You are aware that during the tribulation, AC and Satan will force all to take the mark of feality to the beast, no?

skypair

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Where is a moderator? IFB Mole is totally out of line calling people "fools," "idiots," etc. Is this a debate borad or a place where unmerrited insults go unchallenged by those in charge? And, this has nothing to do with my stance on this issue. No matter what side you take there needs to be a level of mutual respect and decency.

7. skypair

skypair Active Member

You'll have a hard time talking about history and personalities around here, joyce. Both have been rewritten about and defamed by men.

I think you make some good points when you stick to scripture. And obviously, getting that right is what you are really interested in.

I believe there is a way for us all to get into scripture (vs. "philosophy") and, by the power of the Spirit, have a unified understanding and faith on all these issues.

Don't be a "giver-upper" cause eventually you will find you face the same thing everywhere you go. If the Bible is worth fighting for, then "contend earnestly."

skypair

8. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

Sag 38,

Well when Joyce makes false statements(like her claims of Calvin and England) then that is foolish and Ruckmanites ARE idiots to follow a thrice divorced "pastor" who continues to pastor and beleives in aliens and is a hyper-KJVOnlyist translation worshipper. Read some of his material, it is some of the worst hermeneutics you will ever find. YES the man is smart, doesn't make him "right". His doctrine is wacked-out to say the least. I HAVE read his stuff (not a 6' tall stack of his books) but have read enough about aliens, KJVOnlyism worshiping, ultra-dispensationalism and anthro-centric libertarianism to know the guy has formulated doctrine that has NEVER been taght in Church history, EVER.

If you're so sensitive, then perhaps you need a pacifier.

9. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Ok IBF Mole, sticks and stones may break my bones. You want to talk ugly to people that is your business. But, I'll called you on it and I say shame on the moderators of this board who allow this to go on.

10. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

Sag,

Dude I have no issue with you at all, other than your over sensitivity to using a BIBLE term of fool and labeling a group of followers of hertical teaching "idiots". I don't believe it was "ugly" language and it seems the moderators find no offense with the terms nor deem it insulting. If you were insulted, then foregive me that was not my intent. Joyce's posts are clear that she beleives salvation is ultimately of man's choice or will that the BIBLE says is dead in sin and a bond servant of sin. Man only chooses that which is within his sin nature and choosing the Free and soveriegn gift of salvation is not within his sin nature. God the Holy Spirit irresistibly draws them he ultimately saves, according to the Bible anyway. The fact that you are now saved is evidence that God irresistibly drew you.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hit the report post button (the "!" in the yellow triangle at the top). I did. His vitriolic post is uncalled for.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are way out of line. Anyone not a calvinist is not a follower of heretical teaching. As a non calvinist, even though I don't agree with your theology, would never call it heresy, as it is immutable truth we both hold to, but how we arrive as to where we part ways. Your view is not immutable...and my view is not heresy, so please wrap your mind around that concept.

13. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

[Entire post snipped - calling folks of another theological construct "heretic" is not allowed on the BB]

#93 IFB Mole, Sep 26, 2008
  14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your last post reiked of calvinism. How do I know your views are mutable? Well, for starters that man can only choose that which is consistant with His nature. That is not immutable truth, but a viewpoint (held by calvinists, I might add). Unless you hold to pre-faith regeneration, men do choose to come to Christ based on the Truth that was presented to them. They either accept or reject Truth based on God, not the condition of their nature.

15. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

Agreed, if God doesn't irresistably call them they will reject 100% of the time, if God does irresistable call them, they accept, so I agree it is based on God's FREE and sovereign Grace - not the nature of man.

Is the will of man outside the sovereign decrees of God or are they bound (subject) to his decrees?

Does God the Holy Spirit only take man so far and then he must "choose" or does God make the Gospel so desirous that one would say "the Gospel offer was irresistable to me, I wanted to resist but couldn't"

I'm ASKING questions -not "claiming a viewpoint".

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am snipping posts and making an open warning - we debate but we refrain from juvenile name-calling.

This is not 7th-grade home room, you goobers-for-brains cretins . . . :laugh:

#96 Dr. Bob, Sep 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.