1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

can A True Christian Commit Apostesy?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No YOU may sin every day and you need to stop it! What we have here is what you say and what God says. Guess who is telling the truth?

#21 freeatlast, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
  2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is Gnosticism. Sinning is not like you are not sinning. That belief is denial and part of Gnosticism

#22 freeatlast, Mar 9, 2011
  3. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Yes there can be a falling away, unless you think the Bible lies about such things.
    Notice that in every one of these instances there is a falling. You can’t fall from a position unless you are already holding that position.

Even more telling is the parable of the master who forgave his servant in Matthew 18, and then revoked his grace from that servant when he wouldn’t forgive his own servant for a lesser amount. Would we say our Lord didn’t know what He was talking about? I’m afraid we are watching a lot of souls slip away to Hell as their eternal destination because we tend to say these people may be backsliding but they can’t be permanently lost. Therefore, we don’t devote the effort to rescuing them that we should. I realize eternal security is a doctrine that is as seared into the Baptist conscience as much as any other but it is a false doctrine nonetheless.

4. drfuss

drfuss New Member

I guess I missed something. What is NC. and how does it relate to this topic?

#24 drfuss, Mar 9, 2011
  5. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you seriously think you go through a day without sinning? You have become PERFECT? I don't believe you. BTW, you just judged me in your post. Isn't that sinful?

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...not to mention saying he doesn't sin every day.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Let's take the last first. Judging is NOT sinful. Judging with a log in your eye is, but not judging. We are told to judge 1Cor 6. Second i did not judge you, but it would not have been sin if I had by your own statements. I simply repeated what you had admitted.
    Lastly this thing that we all sin daily is not of God. Those who hold it or teach it are not teaching from the bible. No place in scripture is anything like that even suggested. In fact in 1 John it says If you sin, not when you sin we are to confess.
    The reason this false teaching is so openly accepted is that very few people who claim to know the Lord really do and it is way to deal with their sins, by saying everyone sins every day. It is an excuse. Also and even more problematic is that there are way too many who are Christians that actually love this teaching because it gives them an excuse to sin. God forbid!
    I have this little scenario I tell to those who hold this false and satanic doctrine.
    I ask them do you sin every second? They say absolutely not. I ask do you sin every minute. They say no. I ask do you sin every hour. Now at this point sadly some have to think about it but they admit that they do not sin every hour. Then i ask them this. Well then what is going on with sinning every day? Is there some kind of spiritual clock that goes off in your head that tells you that you need to get your sin in for the day? They are usually dumbfounded and admit that they had never thought of it like that.
    We are not even awake for 24 hours in a day and to make the claim that we all sin every day is outrageous, even blasphemous towards what Christ has done in us. It is mockery to the Lord. 365 days in a year and we who have been given the Spirit cannot go one day out of a year? This ahould raise some real concerns in the persons life who is claiming they sin daily. No wonder the lost mock us. They already have what those who make this claim. They too sin every day.
    Sin is always a choice. We who are saved have been given everything needed for godliness 2Peter 1:3. Those who sin daily need to re-examine their hearts. And if you are doing it you need to stop it IF you are saved. Of course if you are not save you cannot stop it, but the saved certainly can go one day without sinning and there is no greater joy to come to the end of the day and the Spirit of God has not had to deal with you about even one sin. Yes you may sin from time to time, but daily is a mockery.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow. Freeatlast, you do realize that sin is much more than the things we do, right?

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

1 John 1:8 "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Read the tense! Stop the false doctrine of liberalism and read the tense. it is about those who claim they have never sinned. Not about going one minute or hour or day without sin. Like I said this false doctrine of sinning daily is loved by the liberals as they have a way to cover themselves.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, I read the tense. "If we say we HAVE no sin".

So how long has it been since you sinned?

I know I sinned today already. I know it, face it, confess it and pray that my Savior would continue to sanctify me, grow me and make me more and more offended by my own sin.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Then you need to stop loving your sin more then the Lord. Jesus said:
    If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    Ann listen to this message and if you apply it you will be able to make it through one day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8QVmkCyFsk

#32 freeatlast, Mar 9, 2011
  13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What makes you say I love my sin more than the Lord?

14. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Some people are realistic about their sin and the need to confess that sin, and other people are the ones that John wrote about in his first epistle; "If you say you have no sin, you are a liar..." I'll not call out anyone -- that is not my job -- but I am distinctly suspicious of anyone who claims to be "all prayed up" and without sin.

Seems to me that sentiment stems from a prideful heart that misunderstands just how sinful we are, even when we're not trying or don't know that we are in fact sinning against God. Praise Him for His amazing grace and for imputed righteousness. I'd never have a chance except for that marvelous gift of a loving Father.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is the same for you, me or anyone. The frequency of our sin shows the level of our love. More frequent sin, less love for the Lord. Jesus said this;
    For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
    Like many who hold that as they walk their Christian life God changes them.That is false. God has given us everything we need to change ourselves.2Peter 1:3 No place in scripture does it say God will change us. We are commanded to change ourselves after we are saved. We are given everything needed for the change. While it is a war and a times very difficult we will never have a battle greater then we can win. If we lose a battle we lose because we gave up. We only have to decide to use it as it was given or use it in part. While it is Christ in us and he deserves the glory we decide if we will use what is given. Rom. 12:1, Eph 4:22, Col 3:8,9, No one has to sin daily and ANY ONE who has been a Christian more then a couple years should not be sinning daily. There is only one reason for a person to do that and that is because their sin means more to them then Christ. I have been there, I know. Until we return to the bible and believe the hard things it says instead of making excuses for our sins and why we sin we will never come to that walk that the Lord intends for His children and never know the blessings that He has for us now. It is a choice. Luke 9:23 And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
    Please watch the link I gave.

#35 freeatlast, Mar 9, 2011
  16. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Going even one day without sinning would require perfection. Not even one bad thought, nothing. Sorry, freeatlast, I just don't think you can do that. If you can, tell me, when did you become perfect? I long for the day when I reach Heaven and DO become sinless, but here on earth, that "ain't happening!"

17. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! :thumbsup:

18. Osage Bluestem

Peter denied Jesus three times.

No true christian will ever be lost.

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

What you think of me is of little consequence. What the bible teaches does. There is one thing for sure. YOU will never go a day without sinning because you do not believe it can be done. A day is not the threshold for sinning. The heart is. If you think that to go a day without a sin means one has to be perfect then going just one minute or one hour has to mean the same. If that is the case then no one can be saved because the saved do not practice sin as you are claiming they do with your belief.

Living above sin for a period of time does not equate perfection. We will never be perfect even in heaven. Perfection is much more then not sinning. Only God is perfect. So don't think for a moment you will be on His level. Many have fallen to your type of belief because of your type of discouragement. The reason that anyone argues against this is because if found out true, and it is, they have no cover for their own sin. It sheds light on their own heart exposing their true state and they simply do not want that to happen.
    Jesus said if you love Me you will keep my commandments. All you have to do is believe the Lord instead of man to make the effort. Those who set their hearts on His teachings will be the overcomers. Those who set their hearts on man’s teachings will be the losers. So you just continue to live in discouragement and failure and keep doing what you love. For the rest just set your heart on living just one day without sin. It may take a little time and it will be a battle but you can do it and there is no greater feeling at the end of the day when you lay your head on that pillow to know that the Spirit did not have to correct you even once during the day. Talking about praising the Lord. Then you will be praising the Lord, believe me!
    There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].
    You do not have to sin. It is as much a choice as is righteousness, but if we sin we have an advocate and if we confess our sin He is able and willing to forgive.
    [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

#39 freeatlast, Mar 9, 2011
  20. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 1:8-10 (New International Version)

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.........

THAT was written to CHRISTIANS. Not un-saved people.....CHRISTIANS!

To me, the very fact that you CLAIM to be sinless is the SIN of vanity! No wonder the cross in your avatar is spinning!