1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can a true Christian commit the unpardonable sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by awaken, Mar 6, 2013.

1. awaken

awaken Active Member

Well, you are way off base here! You have proved you do not know where this thread is going!

I have NEVER said anyone that did not believe in manifestation of the Holy Spirit/ gifts was not saved. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT..NEVER HAVE! So your accusations only futher prove my point! Attack the person when you can not defend your doctrine!

I was saved long before I embraced the truth of the work of the Holy Spirit that is still present today. So you have twisted this thread to say something I never said!

2. awaken

awaken Active Member

DId you even read my post??? I said the same thing!!

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

THe only way to believe the way you do is to say the Holy Spirit does not work in power today! Well, I will never admit to that! THe Bible is clear that the Holy Spirit is here and will continue to work around and through us until the return of Christ! Period! THe church age is not over!

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Now who is limiting the power of God?
    You actually believe there are those on this earth that Christ cannot save?
    Is the God you believe in so weak that there are those he cannot save?
    Pity!

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

How did you get that from my post??
    Lets stop boring people with this..and get back on the subject of the unpardonable sin. Unless you would like to open up another thread...

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since Christ is not here, and He is not doing the works He did back then it is impossible to do that error.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said that either. You might want to go back and reread my post,

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Look, more than any other person, I went to the passage and posted verse by verse what each meant, and showed you how I came to the conclusion I did. It was the right conclusion. If you disagree, then obviously you believe it can be committed today. If that is true there are those that cannot be forgiven or cannot be saved. The God you serve is so weak that there are some that He cannot save. That is what you believe. If the unpardonable sin can be committed today, then Jesus cannot save today. He is that weak! That is what you believe. Shameful!

9. awaken

awaken Active Member

I will say this again...the Holy Spirit came on the day of Pentecost, to remain with the church until it is complete and presented to the Lord Jesus at His coming. Just as Jesus Christ finished the work He came to do in the flesh, so the Holy Spirit will finish the work He came to do in the church/Christ body! We are the body of Christ...the Holy Spirit works through His church/body!
    So if the Holy Spirit is working through the church..and we blaspheme that work and give credit to satan for what the Holy Spirit is doing. I see it as the same thing! The same Spirit that could be blasphemed then can be blasphemed now!

I am not saying that all we see that is going on is all God...but we better be careful!

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you do. You need your little weapon to defend the indefensible. Christ is not here personally doing the works He did. Therefore there is no possibility of committing this sin. You have taken things out of its context.

And let me be clear. I am not a cessationist. I do not believe as others do that scripture declares the gifts have, at this time, ceased.

11. awaken

awaken Active Member

Do you see your reasoning here? Do you think that He could not save or forgive back then?
    My God is not weak! He paid the ultimate price for all to be saved! We have a choice! Just as they did back then!

12. awaken

awaken Active Member

No, I have kept them in context! You just don't like to think that there is still a possibility that this sin can be committed! It makes you feel uncomfortable in the flesh!

THe church is here to carry out what Jesus started..with the power of the Holy Spirit! Period!

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You ignore context.
    Back then they were confronted with the Christ, the Son of God, God come in the flesh. Back then Christ performed miracles that not even the apostles could perform. He did so demonstrating his deity. They denied his deity and attributed the power of His work to Satan rather than the Spirit.
    That cannot be duplicated today. Christ does not walk on this earth performing such miracles that can be attributed to Satan.

In fact the Bible clearly says "he is able to save unto the uttermost."
    IOW, he is able to save all who come to him.
    Christ is not so weak that He is not able to save some, as you seem to think.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you implying everything the church does is by the spirit, because I see a lot of the world seeping into it.

15. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Eather you should pay attention or repent of the condescending. Just your God?

16. awaken

awaken Active Member

So now you tell me what I am thinking even after it is plain in my post that my God is not weak!
    You ignore the power of the church! The same power of the Holy Spirit operates today through His church! That same power is is questioned even today! Same Spirit..

17. awaken

awaken Active Member

I can not claim God for everyone..that is personal! DHK called my God weak! I corrected him with the same words. Stick to the topic and stay off me personally!

18. awaken

awaken Active Member

Not all churches! But I do agree the world/man has pushed the Holy Spirit out and control most of the church services! But I also see in alot of denominations that they are tired of religion and they are seeking Him!

19. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He is God of all my friend.

20. awaken

awaken Active Member

Yes, he is!