1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can a true Christian commit the unpardonable sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by awaken, Mar 6, 2013.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is evident that God does not operate the same way in every age.
    In Moses day he gave Moses the power to perform ten great plagues against the nation of Egypt. God will not give you that power, nor anyone else on this earth. He didn't even give it to the Apostles.

In Joshua's day, he allowed him to command the sun to stand still and it did.
    He does not allow you that privilege.

You can take a walk down the pages of Biblical history and find how God allowed certain individuals to do certain things at certain points in history. He does not work the same way in each period of history does he?
    You are not Moses, Elijah, Christ, or the Apostles.
    Are you really that arrogant that you think you can claim the same power that God gave to each of them; that Christ Himself had as God on earth? Really? Are you divine? Do you claim deity, that is the power to do the same miracles that only Christ could do?

It is not a matter of Christ being weak. It is a matter of what is the will of God for this day and age today? The gifts of the Spirit have ceased, and thus we do not see the miracles of that first century, and the miracles of Christ being performed.
    Christ does not walk this earth in the flesh today. Therefore it is impossible for the unpardonable sin to be committed. Read the passage carefully again.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give me a break. I have no worries over your misuse of scripture. Saying the church is here to finish what Jesus started does not make your case.

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

But we are still in the church age!! He operates the same way!

4. awaken

awaken Active Member

Same Holy Spirit!

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We are not in the Apostolic Age.
    The gifts of the Spirit were given primarily to the Apostles to authenticate them as messengers of God, and their message as from God, and that authentication was for the first century Jews who didn't listen to the Apostles and brought judgment upon themselves in 70 A.D.

6. awaken

awaken Active Member

No, they were not just for the apostles! Good grief!

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

2 Corinthians 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.

Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
    4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

They were primarily given to the apostles. Others were under apostolic supervision. Others misused and abused them.

God did give some to the local church for other reasons. But they ceased when the apostles ceased.

8. awaken

awaken Active Member

Yes, they did bear witness...but not just the apostles...and they did not cease!

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

They were a sign for first century Jews. Judgment came. Jews are dead.
    They were a sign for the apostles. The apostles are dead.
    They were a means of revelation. The revelation of God is complete.
    For each and every purpose that the gifts of the Spirit had the purpose was completed and finalized by the end of the first century. To keep on insisting that they are for today, when the Bible states the opposite is fruitless.

Not only are you going against the Word of God you are going against all of history.
    You have admitted that 1800 years of history did not have the manifestation of the Holy Spirit. You say they suppressed it. And yet some of the greatest revivals and missionary movements took place during that period--totally contrary to what you believe.

The movement and its experiences that you believe in started in 1905 and were unknown before that time. They are not Biblical, not real languages, and totally fraudulent. The entire movement has all the marks of a cult.

10. awaken

awaken Active Member

THe manifestation of the Holy Spirit is for the church! Paul was intructing the church in 1 cor. not the apostles! THe gift of the Holy Spirit is for believers! I am a believer! They did not cease and you can not prove it by scriptures!

Don't bother posting the same thing about the sign gifts bearing record for the apostles! I agree with that! But that is not the only purpose of the Holy Spirit manifesting Himself through the church!

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

or the churches.
    We all believe that. We just don't believe in your "personalized awakenized" definition of "manifestation of the Spirit." I have pointed that out to you. You don't learn easily do you?
    Paul spent a year and a half with those believers instructing them.
    Did he spend a year and a half with you? No.
    I can prove it through the Scriptures and have. Did you accept my proof? No.
    Ok, I won't. But be open enough to read the links I gave you which are simply a commentary on the 14th chapter of 1Cor.

12. awaken

awaken Active Member

I am an eager learner...but most of what you post contradicts other scriptures!

DKH..I have heard it all before..I was on the other side of this for years! I argued the same things you have presented. I never had a peace about it!

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You think you have heard it all before. That is why I have provided a link for you to another who perhaps explains it better than I have. It is not that it is entirely new from my point of view, but better explained.

14. awaken

awaken Active Member

Thanks anyway! I might look at it later...I just don't see how it can be any different than what I was taught in the past.

15. Khanh

Khanh New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got into an agrument with my bf and I said I didnt anything to do with the holy spirit, the holy spirit is evil...bc I wanted to hold onto my anger...my bf made a reference to I wasnt walking in the spirit such as being slow to anger etc...(and at the time I really dont like when he used God on me to shut me up bc I wanted to continue to talk on whatever we were arguing) that's what lead me to say those things. The funny thing about that is, I knew to be very careful about what I said about the holy spirit so I was kinda contemplating which word I said bc I didnt want it to be used against me.. and I made the mistake to choose the word "evil"....and after that, I was very worried and gain false security through the internet of what the unpardonable sin is really all about. Thoughts and advice? Am I doomed or is there still hope?