1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can a woman be a open air preacher?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Street Nagging...

2. Magister HD

Magister HD New Member

I feel bad for finding that so funny. But I did it anyway.

David

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can a woman be an open air preacher?

I suppose. How many women are CLOSED air preachers?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was young before going off to Calvary University we did open air preaching in the Boston Common.

My wife came with me but she didn't preach, she gave us (men) support by talking with women in the audience who seemed interested and handing out tracts. We also made sure there were always men who kept an eye on things as there were those who wanted to make trouble.

In those days we also had competition from the Hare Krishna folks who would come clanging and gonging by also chanting their mantras.

Productive? well who knows Boston is a big city. Plant (the seed), another waters, God gives the increase.

To be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed those days of street preaching.
    We even talked with the hare Krishna people about their need of Christ.

HankD

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Women open air preach all the time. They preach to the air while their husbands aren't listening.

6. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This one:

Los Angeles Times: Passenger Insists on Preaching Loudly from the Bible on a Red-eye Flight

Flight attendant Elliott Hester recounts:

7. Miss E

Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that a woman is not permitted to preach in the church, but sharing the Gospel with people outside is perfectly acceptable. I even hope to become a street evangelist one day (I would call it that rather than street preaching), and as a woman, I think that God would not rebuke me or any woman for sharing His son with unbelievers.

Edit: Furthermore, I think, as long as one is doing it in gentleness and love, it doesn't matter HOW the Gospel is presented to people. (i.e sharing one on one or shouting it on the rooftops) as long as one is fulfilling the Great Commission and actually proclaiming the Good News, I think that is acceptable.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For all you men making jokes, when was the last time you shared the gospel in public? Oh, that’s not what God has called you to do, huh? Just let the paid holy man do that kind of work?

Wasn’t Debra made a prophet because no man had the courage or conviction to follow the will of God?

As long as the gospel is being shared, I pray God bless the effort, male or female. Does that harm the cause of Christ in the world? I don’t think so, but be convinced in your own mind.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1