1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can An Arminian Be OSAS?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Brother Steaver,

The fact that I have never meant one who was born believing the doctrines of grace that you label as "Calvinism", but rather learn it through the scripture perhaps years after they are first converted, that alone actually attests to it being doctrinally correct. We know from scripture man is born sinful, thus it would only be natural that the vast majority of Christians upon their conversion would initially accept the doctrines of Arminianism of free will, gospel regeneration, and a universal atonement until if it be God's will they grow in grace from being babes to being able to take into meat. Scripture is clear we are only babes when we are born again, thus it only makes sense that many of the doctrines one believes in upon first being converted may be erroneous as was the case with many of those in the church of Corinth. "I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able" (1 Corinthians 3:2) After we mature babes by the Holy Spirit's power we can believe the five points of grace (the meat).(1 Corinthians 3:2)

God bless,

Brother Joe

2. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Hi Brother Robust

It is common for many Primitive Baptists (including myself) and Particular Baptists to reject the label of Calvinist.. See my post 120 to Brother Steaver for the logic why.

#122 BrotherJoseph, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Give us a break your holiness. Lol. I don't ever recall you scolding your fellow Calvinist friends on abbreviating the glorious doctrines of grace. Does DoG look familiar? Or maybe you don't think they are glorious....

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am shocked you could not finish the Judgment Seat "of Christ"!!!! Oh how cavalier of you!!!!! Shameful!............Just being sarcastic brother to show you how silly your comments of me were. No harm, I already forgave you.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your fine brother. Thanks for the "friendly"! Stay the course...............stay away from the wood, hay and stubble. Blessings!

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of what we label as being arminian are not really that, but more akin to 4 pointers of free will, and so most would have eternal security!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.