1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can anyone tell me about this bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by zaptearNH, Dec 16, 2014.

1. zaptearNH

zaptearNH New Member

My mom gave this it was my grate grandmother looks like the only date I can find says 1890

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. zaptearNH

zaptearNH New Member

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have one that looks exactly like it with a had written signature in it from 1892

4. zaptearNH

zaptearNH New Member

Nice this one ether not used much our just well taking care of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's in fantastic condition; the others I've seen pictures of pale in comparison. Three thousand illustrations, many by Gustave Dore.

It was published by A.J. Holman (the George V. Jones listed on the title page was a bookseller and binder, probably the local agent for Holman.)

These typically were sold by traveling Bible salesmen. You could order any number of add-ons, such as the deluxe cover and the clasps (which look to be something of a necessity given the size of the Bible.)

Does it have the Temperance Pledge? I take it that the Bible does not contain the Apocrypha.

My former boss had a similar Bible (didn't get to look at it very long), which had the KJV and the English Revised Version in parallel, from about that period.

6. zaptearNH

zaptearNH New Member

I have not spend a lot of time in it yet. It dose seem to have a lot of stuff in it like story's and kids story's Psalms in meters in the back has all the transparent pages that go over the graven images so they dont bleed over I will look. To see if it has apocryphal. I read KJV my self. And read my Bible cover to cover twice a year. So my next reading I'm going to read through this Bible just to say I have.

7. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are some interesting symbols on the covering of the front and the binding. The Catholic monstrance is shown in several places. The all-seeing eye of the F&AM is there. Curious: George Washington took the oath of office using a Masonic bible. George was in full Masonic regalia as well. GAOTU is not Jehovah.

Ecumenism has been around for a long time--one of Satan's most effective deceptions. Beware: the wolves dressed like sheep.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

8. zaptearNH

zaptearNH New Member

I'm a Masonic Mason myself and can say that this is not a Masonic bible the manger scene is on the cover

9. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Jehovah is not YHWH but a mispronunciation. FWIW.

10. zaptearNH

zaptearNH New Member

Furthermore I don't really understand why people think that there is a Masonic Bible or that we practice Satanism.. lol oh the minds of people who don't understand. It'll depend on the lodge whether or not what book is in the center of the lodge our lodge is Christian so we have a King James Version Holy Bible. Other lodges may have other religious books of the domination of the primary of a Lodge. Masonic Mason is not a religion nor is it practice as such. As for instance we happen to recite the Lord's Prayer during the opening ceremony. The other stuff if just stuff that as been handed down if anybody actually thinks that we pray to a faults God. You're sadly mistaken. The turn GAOTU simply stans for the God that you recognize see our ornamentation

11. zaptearNH

zaptearNH New Member

Ooops I got cut off let me continue

See our organisation has multiple faiths and religions depending on the lodge you go to...

12. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The F&AM is not a religion; yet your lodge is Christian. That seems a bit contradictory. Am I missing something?

Do you pray? In Jesus name? Do you have a worshipful master? What is his name? Can one worship Isis and still be a mason?

Is Allah the same as Jehovah?

See John 3:5--true light which is free of charge--the price is already paid.

There is an F&AM bible--I remember ready one at an uncle's house. There was an article in front about craft guilds and labor in the OT.

The 1892 Bible ref. above is for sale on the www.

My point was about the ecumenism of religious symbols.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#12 Bro. James, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
  13. zaptearNH

zaptearNH New Member

Do we pray yes. I do pay in Christ name at the end. Now with isis I would think not you must be a good moral man thare is a lot of rules that thy do background check to see. There is also a rule that does say Freemasonry cannot interfere with the practice of your religion and family in the order of such is your god your family your work then masonry. I don't know each to their own I suppose I guess that's why we're granted with the gift of free will... thanks for your input

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a masonic edition of the Bible though, and we do not say that masons practice satanism, but they the Masonic order is a false religious group, that teaches salvation may be found in any religion if they practice and keep the masonic rituals and practices!

Christians should have nothing to do with the masonic Lodge...

15. zaptearNH

zaptearNH New Member

I don't have anything to really with the lodge anymore have not been in over to years probably done with it but I don't know of any ritual that teaches salvation it's a boys club that dose a lot of fundraising to help support communities...