1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can Believers Go One Day Without Sinning?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JoReba, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoReba

JoReba New Member

Let's hear a definitive answer from Scripture for this question. A lot depends upon it.

Stick to answering this question without attacking other posters. If you attack other posters, the integrity of yourself and of your expressed ideas will mean nothing.

As well, try your best not to ramble on with disorganized and irrelevant notions. Speak briefly and concisely like Jesus did without chatting. Lol.

2. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

No, as for me, I cant go one day without sinning.

And who are you to talk about not attacking other posters?

Have you posted even one post without attacking someone....:rolleyes:

John

3. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

I am not sin conscience, I am a son, I'm not concentrated on sin, I'm concentrated on Him, single eyed.

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

My answer -- I don't know. It's a good question, and I agree, an important one.

Is that concise enough? :)

5. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

We can live for a time without sinning, as long as We yield to the empowering HS, and consider us dead to sin now and alive again inChrist, but will NEVER achieve a state of sinless perfection!

And God looks upon both our hearts and mind, so EVEN if we feel have not sinned, God sees it in ways we might not even be aware of!

6. mandym

mandym New Member

Do you understand this troll was banned?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Only if your screen name is freeatlast.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

A True Believer sins everyday and all day, but those sins are not legally laid to their Charge. So He that is born God sinneth[Transgress] not !

1 Jn 3:4

4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

For True Believers, those who abide in Christ, they cannot Transgress God's Law, simply because Christ has honored the Law for them and in their behalf by His Finished Work. There cannot for them be sin or transgression of God's Law, Legally. For them God will not impute sin or transgression Rom 4:8

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

>A True Believer sins everyday and all day, but those sins are not legally laid to their Charge.

On another sub-list there is a discussion about a judge tossing an assault charge using the same sort of legal fiction argument.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

So, you believe Christians can and do sin every day and ALL day? What kind of sin is the Christians doing all day? Do they try to stop sinning? Do they even have to try to stop sinning? Do they have to ask for forgiveness after sinning? What does it mean then to obey Jesus?

11. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Can any of you go a whole day without having a immoral thouht? Or coventing someone else's goods?

Or how about just a lapse of communion with God where you momentarily put yourself first?

You dont have to actually do these things to sin...just thinking about them is a sin.

And even the best, most God serving Christian cannot go a whole day with totally pure thoughts.

Joyce Meyer once said that one morning several years ago the HS just told her that she doesnt have to sin anymore, so she stopped, and hasnt sinned since.

IMHO, that statement was a lie and a sin in itself.

As long as I am in this earthly body I will always be a sinner....but the only difference between me and a soul bound for Hell is that I am forgiven!

John

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Habakkuk 1:13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?

This verse only applies to God

The rest of us are those that behold evil and do it, and those that deny that they behold evil and do the same.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What kind of evil do you behold and do that you claim I also do?

Do you believe God allows you to continue to do evil? Do you believe God expects you to give up any sins?

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did I say anything about you? Or are you just feeling convicted? :smilewinkgrin:

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I do not see myself by my own eyes. I see myself through God’s eyes. I do not live by my own eyes. I live through the Spirit. I clothe myself with Christ.
    When I hear DHK, or anyone else tell me I am a sinner, and that I see evil and do evil, and that I am a liar…I see the accuser. I see Satan. There are people who are doing the works of Satan on this earth. DHK has no business denying that he is an accuser doing Satan’s work, for DHK has said so himself that he beholds evil and does it. Is doing Satan’s work and accusing the brethren an evil DHK will not behold and do?

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You said anyone who denies beholding evil and doing it are liars.

As for your question if I feel convicted by your statement, my answer is no way.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Why do you not answer the questions?

What kind of evil do you behold and do that you claim I also do?

Do you believe God allows you to continue to do evil? Do you believe God expects you to give up any sins?

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is what I believe the Bible teaches.
    1. We are all sinners--some of saved, and some of us unsaved--but all are sinners.
    2. According to 1John 1:10 the one that denies that he is a sinner or doesn't sin is calling Christ a liar, and God's Word is not in that person.
    3. Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
    --God cannot lie; but man does, and no doubt he does every day, whether he realizes it or not. For the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it (Jer.17:9).
    4. Does God allow one to continue in evil. He may. He allowed Lot to continue in all sorts of evil, and yet Lot was a just man. Many of the Corinthians continued in evil, but eventually paid for it with their lives. (1Cor.11:30), but that doesn't' happen all the time. A true child of God will face the chastening hand of God. But another man (like yourself) cannot condemn or know what that chastening will be, for you sit not in the place of God. God has his own purposes in what he allows and what he doesn't. That is up to him.
    5. 1John 1:9 teaches that all believers should confess each and every sin they have every day. It is this daily confession that keeps us close to God. The closer the walk that one has with God, the more he realizes that he is a sinner saved by grace.
    6. By way of illustration, John Newton saw the enormity of his sin as a slave-trader. It was horrible--human trafficking at its worst. He had committed some of the most heinous crimes and he knew it. When confronted with the Gospel, and convicted of his sin he found Christ. He was the one who wrote Amazing Grace.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
    That saved a wretch like me....
    I once was lost but now am found,
    Was blind, but now, I see.
    [/FONT]

Newton knew that even though he was saved, he was still "a wretch."
    Oh, that man would see his sinfulness before a holy God!

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

It is a sad day in our nation when God's people won't be humble enough to admit that they even have wicked ways to confess.

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

God says to turn from your wicked ways. You teach that you do not have to. You teach things against the Word of God.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Where did I say you don't have to?
    Please quote me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.