1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can Believers Go One Day Without Sinning?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JoReba, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Readers, Moriah is attempting to establish a middle ground between sinlessness and being a sinner. Of course there is no such middle ground.

However, I will answer his questions and challenge him to prove there is such a middle ground by his own questions.

1. Why do you empathize with sin and leave out what the Word of God says about not sinning?

ANSWER: No one empathizes with sin! No one denies that we should not sin and that love for Christ should restrain anyone from willingly and intentionally sinning! Moriah cannot show where anyone empathizes with sin. Moriah cannot show that anyone leaves out what the Word of God says about sinning!

We simply reject HOW Moriah interprets what the Word of God says about sin in the Christian life!

So Moriah show us where the word of God teaches that the Christian is sinless like Christ? If you cannot show this, then the only other option is that they are not sinless but sinners and do sin. There is no middle ground between sinless and sinful.

What do you think working out your salvations means?

ANSWER: It refers to something beyond regeneration and justification as these are past tense accomplishments by God. It refers to progressive sanctification which will be in working progress until glorification. It means you are not SINLESS or else you would not be working out salvation at all but would be completely saved - period! Take note of the next verse (Philip. 2:13) which defines how that salvation is worked out!

So Moriah, working it out proves one is not sinless. If they were sinless there would be nothing left to work out. Prove the child of God is sinless Moriah!!

What do you think it means to aim for perfection?

It means you have not yet obtained it or it would not be your "aim" but it would have been your ATTAINMENT! Paul denies he has attained it (Philip. 3:10-12).

Nothing less than sinless perfection, which is the righteousness of God, should be our aim but the fact that it is our aim proves we have not yet attained it. We should strive for that goal as no other goal is worthy as a goal.

So Moriah, the fact it is our "aim" proves no one is sinless. Prove the child of God is sinless Moriah?!!!

What do you think it means when Jesus says those who obey me are the ones who love me?

It does not mean they must be SINLESS to obtain this promise because no saint has attained that! You are either sinless or sinful there is no middle ground!

It means to characteristically walk in the light as he is in the light and when you fail, and all do, then confess your sins and continue on and when you sin, confess your sins and continue on and when you sin confess your sins and continue on. He is not talking to lost people but to his own disciples in the upper room who are already believers.

Moriah prove it means it demands one must be sinless! Prove by context it is talking to unbelievers, the lost!!!

What do you think it means if you want to remain in my love obey me?

It means to walk characteristically in the Spirit. It does not mean you must attain sinless perfection! It means confess your sins routinely and then walk in the Spirit and when you fall, repent and continue to walk in the light.

Moriah prove it means it demands one must be sinless!! Prove there is a middle ground between sinless and sinful! If you cannot prove that then all your questions are worthless.

#61 The Biblicist, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

It is good that you can admit that God wants us to stop sinning. DHK and Biblicist cannot say so.
    I do not know what you mean by “or must be tocertail”
    We are not sinless when God saves us. We must have Jesus’ teachings and obey them, then he will give us his Spirit. See John 14:23.
    Nowhere do the scriptures say that we cannot believe in God, or Jesus, after learning of Him. Nowhere do the scriptures say we are saved first when we hate God, and then made to believe God. That is not biblical. That is NOT the Word of God. If it is not in the Bible, then do not believe in it.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Moriah - Are you sinless? When was the last time you sinned?

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are flat lying! Read my last post! Of course God wants us to stop sinning! We are commanded not to sin! However, we are also commanded that WHEN WE DO SIN - meaning we will sin - meaning no one has reached sinlessness - that we are to confess sin! You cannot confess sin if you are sinless.

Prove there is middle ground between sinlessness and sinfulness!!!! That is what you will have to prove in order to sustain your irrational interpretations.

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Biblicist,

You have made yourself a straw man. Let your straw man answer your post. I will not answer such a mess. If you would like to discuss with me and have your replies answered by me, then only speak of what I do say.
    I think that you would not be able to say much of anything then, ever, unless to conclude that you have been speaking against the scriptures.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

It is about time that you say this. It sounds good to hear you admit the truth. GOD WANTS US TO STOP SINNING.

God commands us not to sin. Admitting it is a start for you.
    Now you are drifting hard and fast away from the Truth. Where do you get that the Bible says "when" we sin? You think that you saying “when” we sin, that that proves all your false beliefs. Now change what you say to actually say what the Word of God does say, and that is “if.”

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Where do you get that I said sinless? That is what your imaginary man said.
    You and DHK have been together in your beliefs. It has been said it is NOT normal for a Christian not to sin. It has been said that a Christian can never stop sinning.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I dare you to find one statement in any post that I have posted that ever denied that God wants us to stop sinning!!!!!

If you cannot find it, then stop LYING and inferring that I have said or taken that position.

My oh my!!! Tell me, why would John even say this if his "dear children" were SINLESS???????? The term "if" here does not mean it is "possible" but is the same meaning when just previously John said, "IF we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive..." or when Jesus said, "IF I go away, I will come again...."

Your response is so moronic and irrational it is almost unbelievable that you would even dare put it in writing!!!!!

If a Chrisitan is not sinless then he is sinful and thus that is NORMAL while sinlessness is impossible and thus ABNORMAL. Sanctification would not be progressive if sinlessness was either actual or normal.

You are ignorant of God's Word! We are sinful - that is our condition - but we are to strive to sin less and strive to be sinless - not because we can attain it because Paul flatly denies he has attained it or can attain it in this life, but, because it is the only RIGHT goal to press toward!

#67 The Biblicist, Mar 7, 2012
  8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You speak of imaginary arguments. You also speak against the Word of God.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Perhaps we should also bow down and worship you too??? Perhaps address you as "Master Moriah"???

You want the game played by your own rules in order that no one can expose your interpretations as pure foolish moronic nonsense or you will take your marbles and go home!

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is a works-based salvation. It is anti-bible. It is what all the religions of the world teach, and opposite of what the Bible teach. Salvation does not come by obedience or by works. Salvation is by grace through faith. It is not of works. See Eph.2:8,9.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    --Not of works; not of obedience.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
    --Salvation is by grace. If it is by grace it is not of works (obedience).
    It is nothing less than a heretical view that you teach. Salvation does not come through obedience.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What page are we on? Page 7? My post was #18 on page two. And you won't answer it. Is there something wrong. Something wrong with answering a post Moriah?? Is it because you are unable to?

Perhaps the most difficult part of that post was the Scripture used:

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

How difficult it is for God's people today to humble themselves before God and admit to God their evil ways that God may forgive their sins. God cannot forgive them of their sins until they first confess them; repent of the wicked ways that they have. This is Biblical truth.

#71 DHK, Mar 7, 2012
  12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can Believers Go One Day Without Sinning?

Yep-- if in a coma. That's one way; there might be other ways.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

If you have a spouse, and the marriage has vows, do you keep them all? Do you and your spouse expect to keep them all? Why make vows if you do not believe you can keep them? Would it be better just make vows you think you can personally keep? Maybe it would be more honest if you made no vows. LOL

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Are you a perfect spouse? Do you honor your wife 100% of the time? If you say yes, I would like to confirm that with your wife! :laugh:

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You try to answer my questions with questions. You could not plainly say that God does want us to stop sinning.
    How do you think that this disproves anything I say? God’s people were the Jews; they were called by His name. Jesus did not save all of the Jews, only the Jews who believed in Jesus, only the Jews who humbled themselves, and prayed, and sought God’s face, only the Jews who turned from their wicked ways.

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have not broken any vows of my marriage. Have you broken any vows to your husband? You do not have to answer that question just think about it.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

God called a people, a nation, out of the OT.
    God called a people, a nation, out of the NT.
    Do you believe you are a part of that nation?

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

If so, you should forsake your wicked ways, and allow God to forgive your sins.

But this is only a part of post 18. You are still reluctant to answer all of it.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I think the last part goes something like this:

"...to love and to cherish
    'til death do us part."

Have you ever been angry to your wife in all your marriage, or would it be angry in love?

19. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I think we should all gather around Moriah on Sundays and worship him! :laugh:

NOT! :BangHead:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.