1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can/Does This Happen?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preacher4truth, Jul 26, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Do you believe that a true Christian can have real douts of being saved?
    That they can be fighting some sins on a daily basis?
    that unless they overcome all known sin areas, and have no doubts, they need to question their salvation?

2. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

Sounds like the man in question may be suffering from the false guilt produced by modern legalistic pharisees. I struggled with such false feelings until I left the denomination which produced them. I would ask the man where he attends church & perhaps visit with him in order to determine if his state of mind is a product of false teaching. I agree that such confusion is caused by demonic influence, but I also believe that legalism is one of Satan's greatest tools for deceiving & confusing God's people.

3. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

Yes, Christians can be so deceived that they even doubt whether or not they are saved. Legalism and Calvinism create doubt & confusion in the area of surety of salvation. As a young man, both created doubt in my mind that would not have otherwise been there. It was the personal study of Scripture, apart from the influence of church-centered religion, that brought peace.