1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can God Discipline a Believer for Sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 30, 2007.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Sin does not count in a believer if he repents and confesses it because God is quick to forgive - I John 1:9. It's under the blood.

If the blood is good enough for some sins, but not good enough for others - does Jesus have to die on the cross again?

How is that confusing to you??? :BangHead:

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Because I don't believe adulerers go to Heaven according to scripture.

What do these scriptures mean I am Blessed 16?
    1 John, chapter 3

"9": Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 5:18¶We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Do you agree with this statement I am Blessed 16?

A person who commits adultery may go to heaven. He may even go to heaven while he is in the act of committing adultery. His sins are covered by the blood.

#42 Brother Bob, Jan 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
  3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: But the question that comes up on this list over and over is that all future sins have already been atoned for, and as such can never be laid to our charge, regardless of whether or not you confess, repent and forsake, or if you just die unrepentant.

Was the statement of DHK’s correct or in error when he states that if you are a believer it does not matter whether or not you confess your sins and are repentant or not, it will have no effect on your eternal salvation? DHK obvious believes in the literal payment theory to its illogical extremes.

How about you? In order to make the atonement effective in our lives, is repentance and turning from our sin a prerequisite of being found in Him in the last day and subsequent judgment?

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You have completely misquoted and misunderstood DHK. He never said that it doesn't matter if one is repentant or confesses his sin, as this would indicate an attitude of an unbeliever. The subject was about dying with unconfessed sin. Would you go to heaven? Can ALL sin be confessed before death? What if you had an impure thought just before you died of a massive heart attack? Would you go to hell? The answer is no. ALL of our sins, past, present, and future have been atoned for.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I agree with DHK that we will go to Heaven if we are saved and have unrepented sin in our lives. We may not get any crowns, but we are assured of a place in Heaven.

I am not saying that gives us a license to sin. As Paul said, "God forbid."

God knew we would sin. That's why He put these next verses in the Bible.

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Perfection is something we should all strive for daily, but sadly, will not attain until we get to Heaven.

Blessings,
    §ue

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: It is a natural impossibility to strive for something you honestly believe is impossible to reach or gain.

Stand in front of your home flat footed, and strive to jump over it. :)

7. I Am Blessed 24

Things work a little differently in the spiritual realm.

Hbr 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

And methinks you like to play the devil's advocate... :saint:

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1 Cor 6
    9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
    10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
    11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Guess Paul didn't know what he was talking about.

This had to be believers.
    Hebrews, chapter 6

"4": For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

"5": And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

"6": If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

#48 Brother Bob, Jan 31, 2007
  9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: How's that?

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

For one thing, we have the help of the Holy Spirit. I doubt if he'd help me jump over my house though. :laugh:

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: If He gave you an infinite amount of help, could He help you do what is, according to IAB16 the ‘impossible’, that which cannot be accomplished in this life?

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Think He might help you not sin a sin unto death. If not, what is the Holy Ghost for?

like below:

1 Cor 6
    9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
    10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
    11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

I guess you all's work is done then. You don't have to do any more to make it to Heaven, its all done now.

#52 Brother Bob, Jan 31, 2007
  13. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: What ever happened to the spirit of “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me?”

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You ask some strange questions, HP. Could He help me be perfect? I think that is what we work toward everyday isn't it? We are to become Christlike. This is a life long process. I believe it's called Sanctification.
    2 Cor. 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a morror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as the Spirit of the Lord.

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I
    Actually Bob, I didn't DO anything to make it to heaven. Christ did it all! That's why they call it GRACE.

:jesus: paid it all
    All to Him I owe!

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Amen. We are to be Christlike in every area of our lives. I believe differently than some do on this list. I believe that you can be anything you so desire with the Lord’s help. God is not in the business of disappointing us, but helping us be the Christians He commands us to be. “Be ye holy even as I am Holy” I believe that with the Lord’s help God can say of Amy, Bother Bob, IAb16 or HP, or anyone else, “There are some individuals that walk perfect before Me!” If the following was recorded concerning Elizabeth and Zacharias, does not the possibility exist that in our lifetime it may be said of us as well? Lu 1:5 ¶ There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
    6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I agree HP, but you cannot deny that even Christians sin sometimes. If I could be perfect in the same way the Christ is (was) perfect, I wouldn't need a Savior, would I? He IS my advocate. Not just when I was saved, but for all the time I spend in this earthly body. My goal is to be like my Savior. I will work toward that for the rest of my life. And as a saved believer with the indwelling of the Spirit of Christ, I am especially sensitive to sinful behavior and try to avoid it. The Spirit is my helper and teacher and I must keep my mind and my heart focused on Him at all times. But, there are times when I wander away and do sin. We are still in the world even though we're not of it and the devil is there 24/7 to tempt us away. As we grow in spirit and become more like our Lord, we sin less and less I believe. Just compare how you were the day of your salvation to the way you are today. I'm sure you see growth. Maybe we can become perfect and holy, but it does not happen in a day or a year, but a lifetime. We must be like Paul and fight the good fight, run the race and reach for the prize.

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Zacharias and Elizabeth were blameless. And Paul said the same thing of himself as he talked about the law. That doesn't mean they were perfect and did not sin, but that they used the the provisions within the law to have their transgressions forgiven.

The same holds for us today. We are to be found blameless. That doesn't mean we will be perfect. However it does mean we have an Advocate before the Father and that if we will confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us. And therefore we will be blameless when we stand before Him on that day.

We won't be perfect, but we can be and are told to be blameless.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You didn't even "believe in Him"?

Jhn 8:24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.

Amy; do you all have practicing gays in your church? What if a gay is saved and goes back to that life style, is his homo activity covered by the blood and cast into a lake to never be remembered against him, so his activity don't count?

#59 Brother Bob, Feb 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2007
  20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Do you consider "belief" a work? Is so, then Paul was wrong when he said we are saved by faith APART from works.

I have never taken a survey, but I don't believe there are practicing gays in my church. As I and others have said about a billion times, to live a "lifestyle" of sin means there was no conversion to begin with. As a saved Christian, we do sin. But, there is a vast difference between living a lifestyle of sin and committing a single sin. Do you honestly not see the difference?