1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can God fail?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by npetreley, Aug 14, 2007.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

arminian

1 Corinthians 1:18
    [ Christ the Wisdom and Power of God ] For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

The problem is those who do not believe the way they do, they assume they are arminian. I am not an arminian, i will never teach a work based salvation.

The scripture teaches that our salvation is faith in God through Jesus and His word and trust in Jesus based salvation.

Isaiah 49:23
    Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. They will bow down before you with their faces to the ground; they will lick the dust at your feet. Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed."

Psalm 22:5
    They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

Matthew 11:25
    At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

2. skypair

skypair Active Member

Basically, Calvinists have caught themselves in the basic "law of noncontradiction" which says that contradictory truths cannot both be true at the same time in that same way.

Demonstration: You say God can't fail. We say He can. What's the problem? YOU mean His will can't fail at any time in any way. WE say His will on the individual level/way can fail since He has ceded that will to us but in the scheme/timing of all things, His will never fails.

Furthermore, the Bible provides numerous instances of God's will failing in the near term and individually. It does NOT make the assertion that God's will always is done -- in fact, He commands us to pray that His "will be done on earth as it is in heaven!!" So it is clear that His will is NOT done on earth always but is always done in heaven!!

skypair

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I disagree. God is in full control of all things. It is you that does not understand His will.

I have been a premillennialism since a young age. If anything you have done more to want me to rethink my doctrine as a premillennialism, with your post. I know this is not your intent, but it shows where such obscure thinking will take you.

Where as if we were look at the Bible....

If anything you have shown you do not know the will of God.

The Bible shows Christ in full control.

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

King? yes....King
    God the Father speaking to God the Son...

4. npetreley

npetreley New Member

After which, sp went on to prove that black is white.

5. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

I would like to see that rock. There are alot of big rocks now that he has but out there.